Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

This is from my number 1 album of the year so far. Black metal. Completely demented stuff -- the soundtrack to dropping acid while creating potions in a giant cauldron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you can only have one, but White Palace is also magnificent.

This isn't anywhere near metal or really even prog, but this is my second favorite band of the last decade behind Redemption. I don't know of any vocalist out there more emotive and as clever with his phrasing.

Been a weird week at work, so was looking for something a little different. This "group" basically just makes epic sounding movie clips, whole albums of them. If you like epic sounding instumentals, you can find tons of their stuff on YouTube, multi-hour playlists, etc.

I give you, Two Steps From Hell from the 2013 release, "Solaris"

"Plain" prog metal done exceptionally well. Picked this one up almost purely on Glenn's mention and I have not regretted it in the least.

"Plain" prog metal done exceptionally well. Picked this one up almost purely on Glenn's mention and I have not regretted it in the least.

I've been listening to this one a lot too, it's generic as hell and the songs drag too long when they get into instrumental sections, but they have some REALLY catchy melodies throughout the album.