Song of the Week - 2014

Some non-metal this time. My younger brother turned me onto these folks about a month ago, and I've been infected since. Snarky Puppy are one of the most amazing jazz/funk/fusion things I've ever heard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tosin is a man near the top of the game, but it seems like Reyes got to let loose on this album too. There's so much I love on this disc; so many badass grooves, lush soundscapes, general craziness.

Animals as Leaders are truly amazing. Glad to see others enjoy them as well. I think that this release maybe the best stuff yet.

I would agree. The writing on Joy of Motion is much more mature, and not quite so "because we can" as the previous two. It's a brilliant album.

New Sevendust is "accoustic."

Not sure how often I'd listen to it, but it sounds pretty good.

Woohoo, new Kadinja! I've listened to their EP like...shit probably over 50-60 times now. This new tune's great, but the cleans will take a little adjusting to as they are different than past songs.

Just released online by Hells Headbangers Records is a new song from Midnight, who put out an excellent debut album a couple years back.

From the album No Mercy for Mayhem:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zd-B8Ppgbg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zd-B8Ppgbg[/ame]

Originally I was going to post Voyager's Hyperventilating this week, but that's been pretty well covered elsewhere. So I'll toss this up instead:

My current favorite track off of Destiny Potato's finally released album, LUN. Aleksandra has a heavenly voice, and she meshes perfectly with Micic's soundscapes. I haven't been this amped about a female fronted band since I got introduce to Delain (they played in 09?). I can't stop listening to this album and this tune gets lodged in my head for days at a time.

New Skyharbor tune. The last disc was a monster, this one seems no different. Excitement!