Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Definitely a top five 2013 album for me. I never expected that, but I never really gave djent too much of a chance, too much emo/screamo Cookie Monster gargling Ajax vocals for me. This is so freakin smooth. Aside from Shattered Skies, I don't really encounter djent with clean vox, but this one shines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun you should post that. I was strongly considering posting the second half of the Of Mind songs next week. Exile is a beastly piece of music that I can't get enough of lately. Ashe, though completely different from Daniel, is a fantastic match for the band. I'm angry as hell that I missed them in New Orleans last night.

I'd love to see him live to pull off some of Daniel's stuff, minus screams. Not sure if it would translate, though. Badass band for sure and a huge surprise for me in a year full of them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3W4lABnV_U&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

Their best since Hanging In The Balance. Munroe channels Wayne, Udo & Blitz with impressive results :kickass:

Can't wait for their album to drop, outstanding

I am enjoying Prospeckt's album. The song The Colorless Sunrise (couldn't find a link) is my favortite, but this song is also really good. Great tight musicianship with the drumming really standing out.:Spin:

I am enjoying Prospeckt's album. The song The Colorless Sunrise (couldn't find a link) is my favortite, but this song is also really good. Great tight musicianship with the drumming really standing out.

Been listening to this the last couple of days. They're booked for next year's ProgPower Europe, so I figured I should check them out. And I like what I'm hearing :) Dark, melodic and progressive, just as I like it.

As for song of the week....been listening to this on repeat since I first heard it some days ago. Song from a Jordanian band called Bilocate, and their newest release "Summoning the Bygones", featuring the legendary Dan Swanø as guest vocalist. This is just amazing... lush,atmospheric synths, beautiful piano work (just listen at :40, and what about the piano breakdown at 5:26?) powerful guitar riffing, great melodies and vocal lines.... the best thing I've heard for a long time.

I am enjoying the new album from Six Minute Century called Wasting Time. Compared to their first album, this release is much darker and the overall sound is clearer. Here is the song The Killing Fields.

Firebreath found this one. I liked what I heard, so I bought the CD.

Ticket to the Moon kind of fits between prog rock and prog metal. The song demonstrates both the genres. The first 4 minutes is spacey and quiet, and then at the 4:25 mark you get the metal influence. This album is very well recorded - you can hear everything as clear as a bell. I am enjoy this a lot.