Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

I posted another track off this record months ago - but I'm pretty much convinced that this is my AOTY by a mile. I've been going back to this record more times that I can count. I've always dug his work too, but it's never stood out as this soulful and catchy until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one out of left field, definitely an unusual one, but maybe somebody else here will enjoy it as much as I do. I guess you'd call it industrial metal, but the electronic influence is more leaning towards a dubstep sound than anything else, at least superficially. Nasty, but powerful, with a lot of filthy low end on the guitars, this whole album has been a huge surprise for me this week.

I can't believe nobody has said anything about the new ReVamp. I have been playing it over and over. I actually like Floors growls on some of the songs. Kinda hot.

Here's a track with Heavy Devy:

Vicinity, a progressive metal band from Norway. Their second album just released last week.

I can't believe nobody has said anything about the new ReVamp. I have been playing it over and over. I actually like Floors growls on some of the songs. Kinda hot.

Here's a track with Heavy Devy:

I'm a pretty major Floor fan girl (creeper) but I am not feeling the new stuff - I feel like she's holding back. I like hearing the power in her vocals. Her vocals feel a bit poppy to me, but to be fair, the first ReVamp album took me quite a few listens to "get".

This is one of my fav tracks off the debut full length from Detroit's BORROWED TIME. Yep, this is one for the bullet belt crowd but get past the lack of slick production and piped in everything and remember what makes heavy metal the greatest genre of all time

This is Neil Swanson, a local Dallas guitarist, and his band Son of Swan. He's an amazing guitar talent, and live, he mixes both great originals and some short (90-120 second) snippets of 70s-80s classics like Crazy Train, Another Brick In The Wall, and Beat It, as well as a full version of Journey's Who's Crying Now (playing the vocals on his guitar).

I don't care for the electronic sounds he adds to the live performance, but his guitar playing definitely overcomes the extra fluff. This is one of his original songs, "Dog Days".

I'm really loving the new The Safety Fire album. This is the closing track. Lots of crazy stuff going on in this song.