Old Symphony X Bach BWV 1052 concerto recording...

Xiatar

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2006
Long time ago I found an mp3 somewhere on the net which was labeled: "Symphony X - Beethoven Concerto". It sounded very much like Symphony X with Romeo's typical sound and phrasing. But I've never, ever heard anything about where it might come from.

Later, I found out that it was actually a Bach piece. Harpsichord Concerto in D minor, BWV 1052, first part, Allegro non troppo ed energico, to be more precise.

Does anybody know anything about where this comes from? Is it really Symphony X? When and for what was it recorded? And is it possible to get a better copy than the one I have, because the sound isn't very good on that one...

If anybody wants it and nobody objects against it, I can upload it somewhere... I mean, it's not like you can go out an buy it anyway...

Xiatar

Ok, since apparently nobody knows what I'm talking about, take a listen to it then:

Symphony X - Bach Concerto

Could this be anybody else but Symphony X? That phrasing and style sounds very, very much like Romeo to these ears...

I don't think so. If it was Time Requiem, all the lead would be played by the keyboards (it's more "Richard Andersson's band" than anything else). Besides when Time Requiem was created Andersson already had his big studio and all so I guess he did'nt bother with recording stuff like this with a drum machine.

And yes, the guitar really really sounds like Romeo's playing to me. But it does not mean it's Pniella on the keys if this was done before the guitar chapter. It could very well be Romeo alone playing with machines (well, that's what I suspect).

It's definitely Romeo, there's no doubt about it. Maybe it's his early home recordings.

Yes, I was thinking that this might be a track that didn't make it unto the dark chapter. I still think this sounds much more like Romeo's playing than anybody else.

Surely this would have surfaced earlier if it was authentic? I don't think there's much in the way of unreleased Symphony X stuff apart from Danse Macabre and live bootlegs. Maybe this is like that Castlevania thing that people are always getting from filesharing networks.

Hmmmm... I don't think I can make a judgement on this, seeing as how bad the sound quality is. I will say this, it certainly sounds in the vein of Romeo. Maybe Jax could politely inquire about this on our behalf.

I think it really sounds like Romeos Traixis setup, but why did it appear in the net?

yes, maybe Jax could ask MJR

i agree sounds very much like romeo...

that part where they play the stuff he quoted on V... sounds sooooo slow! haha

I couldn't agree that its Him before I heard the tapping things. Can you remember the site you got it from ?