ProgPower USA XI Picture Thread

This is NOT the official photo; just me snapping away while Allen was setting up and entertaining the ladies.

corset-unofficial-1.jpg

On a related note, the corset photo-op popularity (among subjects and all-male onlookers alike) has created serious logistical challenges. This was the first attempt to do something other than "hey somebody snap the photo." We won't be shooting in the lobby or stairs next year.

I only just got back, but a couple of quickies that I got off of my camera.

First time with this camera at an event like this, and a lot of lessons learned. I'm fortunate I did get some good shots.

By fortune or coincidence, I ended up behind all the short people during Seventh Wonder's set, which gave me a great angle for taking photos with few hands and heads in the way, and I ended up with a surprisingly decent set considering I have a basic Sony point and shoot. There's not much I can do about the graininess (tops out at ISO 3200, I think), and I can only hold it sorta-steady, so I paid more attention to composition instead.

I got maybe 2 vaguely acceptable pictures of every other band I attempted, and I don't think I'll bother posting them, or at least not pointing them out to anyone other than interested parties.

(I'm also going to join in the bitching about the lighting and the fog. I hate red lighting with a burning passion.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eidales/sets/72157624819837435/

4985519924_4b2e868917_z.jpg

I just want everyone to know that looking at all of your pictures makes me soul die a little inside for missing this year and not having anything to show you as well. Esa, Allan, every show you guys get better. Unbelievable.

I just want everyone to know that looking at all of your pictures makes me soul die a little inside for missing this year and not having anything to show you as well. Esa, Allan, every show you guys get better. Unbelievable.

Thanks for the compliment. I felt rusty since I haven't shot very much lately. 20 bands over 4 nights was definitely a catch-up boot camp.

Bummed that you didn't make it - I was looking forward to actually meeting you finally. :) Next year for sure?

Haha, yes, I will be there next year, and hopefully shooting. I always feel awkward trying to say hi to you because every time I see you you're working! I imagine it to go something like this:

Pat: "Hey Esa, I'm Pat."
Esa: "Hey, nice to finally meet you!"
Crowd: "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT COOL THING THAT WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN AGAIN WITH PERFECT LIGHTING?"
Pat: "... er... "
Esa: "GTFO."

:lol:

I only have 1 picture worth sharing from ProgPower this year.. I don't have any fancy settings, I love the work our pro-photographers do, but I wish we could have had a pro shoot of this:

58375_1468729201833_1341673955_31449009_5549425_n.jpg

I have so many photos it will take me weeks to process them.

However, I wanted to share a couple of photos that I took with the a capella singing in the back stairwell in the backstage area. Those of us who watched were so much in awe.

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

I don't know how many times they sang Extreme's More Than Words.. they did such a good job, better than the original IMHO!

I only have 1 picture worth sharing from ProgPower this year.. I don't have any fancy settings, I love the work our pro-photographers do, but I wish we could have had a pro shoot of this:

58375_1468729201833_1341673955_31449009_5549425_n.jpg

Holy hell,

you had starburst and you did not share.

That picture was before the artwork was finished. Here's the finished product:

60294_966159456573_3214971_51538187_334765_n.jpg

Note the subtle additions. The Starburst wrapper vein. The Skittle stubble.

I have so many photos it will take me weeks to process them.

However, I wanted to share a couple of photos that I took with the a capella singing in the back stairwell in the backstage area. Those of us who watched were so much in awe.

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

I don't know how many times they sang Extreme's More Than Words.. they did such a good job, better than the original IMHO!

Thanks for posting these.. I couldn't get good ones from the top of the stairs!!!

Here are a few from the Seventh Wonder gold badge/VIP show on Saturday. Sorry for the crappy quality, just a point and shoot. I'll definitely be bringing my DSLR next year.

4987560556_7b5e5460bd_b.jpg

4986954539_fc8e8ce297_b.jpg

4987563048_dd48eb3e4e_b.jpg

4986979509_d418f88fcc_b.jpg