5027926841_3d0f5be40b_o.jpg

5027926715_6b65cb8fd5_o.jpg

5027927517_c3b1fd564c_o.jpg

5023762034_81fac633e7_z.jpg

5027928983_44018a5534_o.jpg

5027926411_d455303975_o.jpg

5027929091_050ce73ace_o.jpg

-A

I have so many photos it will take me weeks to process them.

However, I wanted to share a couple of photos that I took with the a capella singing in the back stairwell in the backstage area. Those of us who watched were so much in awe.

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

I don't know how many times they sang Extreme's More Than Words.. they did such a good job, better than the original IMHO!

SUPER kudos to you for snapping these; tracking down vids and pics of that stairwell performance has been maddeningly difficult! That will go down as one of my most treasured PPUSA memories.

If anyone else out there took pics or vids of the backstage stairwell performances, or know someone who did, PLEASE contact me asap so I can gather a collection? :kickass:

In the last picture, the girl with the red and yellow arm warmers was right next to me when I was there for the first two songs. It was pretty great, because she'd never seen Kamelot live before, and was so excited to not only see them live for the first time, but be right up against the stage. She had hauled herself out of her wheelchair and said "I'll be fine if I have something to lean against. I just have to be here!" True determination, that.

I sincerely hope he first Kamelot show was truly an amazing one for her. :)

In the last picture, the girl with the red and yellow arm warmers was right next to me when I was there for the first two songs. It was pretty great, because she'd never seen Kamelot live before, and was so excited to not only see them live for the first time, but be right up against the stage. She had hauled herself out of her wheelchair and said "I'll be fine if I have something to lean against. I just have to be here!" True determination, that.

I sincerely hope he first Kamelot show was truly an amazing one for her. :)

Indeed. I made sure when they were passing the setlists down that they saw her and got her the setlist. She seemed completely blown away by the show and by getting the setlist. Was happy for her!

Just gonna post a few of my favorites... Taken on a simple digital camera and I was up in the seats (I'm a 5`9 guy... 97% of the guys on the floor are taller than me >>)

1st one: OOS - This shot seemed more impressive from were I was sitting at the time - the leg seemed to be a lot longer.

2nd one: Obviously the Drennings of Crimson Glory - highlight of the festival for me and my reward for skipping nocturnal rites as I had missed out on the photo op last year.. wasn't that into them as I am now I was thinking about taking out the red eye, but i like it a lot more like this :D

The 3rd one: From the Delain autograph sessions, that guy was one of the tallest guys at the festival, i reckon, wearing an arsenal shirt so naturally we talked football while waiting in line. He didn't have anything for them to sign so he just had them sign a dollar...the girl shooting the documentary or whatever for the band was following the dollar. Apologies for the bright photos, I wasn't used to the camera settings.. most of my signing session pics came out that way :\

I think I only got one good picture of DGM - vocalist wouldn't stay still for more than 3 seconds lol.. Similar thing for Hammerfall aside from the bright signing session photos that I got.