Question about ProgPower 4

vtravi

New Metal Member
Nov 5, 2002
Brimfield, ma usa
Visit site
I went to ProgPower 3 and had the time of my life, I wasn't able to make it last year but I will definatly be there this year. My question is Did they put any food in Earthlink Live. There was no food for sale anywhere inside the building. I want to plan ahead this time.

Though I did not attend last year either, I'm fairly certain I recall getting an email announcement about the restaurant/food court type option opening inside the venue for last year's show.

Nope...no food that I saw and I was there all night the first night and most of the second one. Unless I just missed it! I ended up walking about 3 blocks down the road. Wasn't that bad, but that is something this venue is lacking unfortunately.

Sorry HC. You missed the boat.

The restaurant (where the signings take place) was open the entire weekend. In fact, they ran out of food both nights towards the end.

Glenn H.

I was so relieved to hear that the restaurant would be open for PPIV! I ate there twice on both days. The food is better than the service, but it was such an improvement to the fest that I can't complain! I'm betting it will be open again this year since, if I was told correctly, they were closed at PPIII for remodeling.

~Sh0k~

There's a gas station up the road a couple of blocks (on the road behind the Granada - I think it's a Shell station on Spring Street. They sell booze 24 hours a day. I made a trip at 2am during PPIII. Couldn't believe it until I seen it. The liquor stores up here in the frozen tundra close at 9pm!

I remember walking into the "restaurant" last year, seeing like six tables in total, walking around inside for a little while with no employees offering any advice on how the hell I could get some food out of that place, and just thinking "what the hell is the deal with this ridiculously insufficient restaurant?" So I just went to that sub/gyro place both nights.

Actually the food was pretty good too. I scored a grilled chicken sandwich and fries for around 5.50. Not bad. Takes em awhile to get you the food though but its a cool place to chill out and grab a bite instead of hauling ass between sets to the Gyro place or a gas station.

Ben

DrBell said:
just go to quizno's right before the show and eat as big of a sandwich as you can, and take in a lot of free refills, and you are good to go
That's what I did last year, although I went easy on the drink since I am one of those who goes into venue early to be front row during entire concert. Therefore, to avoid having to run to bathroom every 30 minutes, I do not drink much before concert. I do all my drinking afterwards :D

I don't remember if they had any vegetarian dishes on the menu, but they may have a few. They serve things like chicken strips, hamburgers, fries, and sandwiches.

I took one look around the place and figured if I wanted service I had to go to the bar. It will take quite a while for you to get a menu, get them to take your order, and then actually get the food, but maybe they'll be better prepared this year. I think they didn't know what to expect last year.

I will definately be eating there again this year for all my meals. The food is good and it's a close, reasonably priced, cool place to go. I'd recommened eating during a set that you can live without seeing. You'll never make it between sets when the place gets flooded.

~Sh0k~

Anyone remember that stunning brunette working behind one of the main bars at ProgPower III? Did she come back for ProgPower IV? Hot damn! \m/ :heh: \m/

JayKeeley said:
Anyone remember that stunning brunette working behind one of the main bars at ProgPower III? Did she come back for ProgPower IV? Hot damn! \m/ :heh: \m/
My god she was a work of art. Hell, I ranked that year as such:

1) Edguy
2) hot bartender
3) Gamma Ray
4) Angra
5) Blind Guardian
6) getting schwilly with Schaffer

:D :D