Symphonic Metal?

Thanks for the Hollenthon recommendation! After hearing the myspace samples, I immediatly bought With Vilest of Worms to Dwell from itunes - am listening to it right now and loving it :)

I can't get into new Therion for the life of me. Symphony Masses is the last cd I really enjoy from them and it's especially effective as a whole album.

cool song

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone had a listen to this yet?

Christopher_Lee_charlemagne.jpg

I just had a listen, mostly out of curiosity. It's pretty bad. Christopher Lee hasn't got the best singing voice, and I don't know why they're promoting it as a metal album, there's bugger all metal in it. I can't wait to see the video they make for the first song, it's possibly going to be the greatest unintentional comedy metal video of all time. The bit in the promo video where the guy is angrily swinging the sword around and then starts playing it like a guitar and headbanging had me in stitches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyy guys!

The first album of Thristana, prog influenced symphonic metal band, has been released on the name Devil's Destiny.

You can check out their album at Soundcloud.

Also, you can support them by liking their facebook page.

Some additional info about the band:

Bigoraphy:

Ide idea of the band came up in István's mind around 2009.
After several tries, searching the band was formed in the november of 2011 with the name Thristana. The work has begun on an album.

In January the work on the Devil's Destiny EP has begun, rehersals has been started.
The EP album was finished in September.

The Genre:

Symphonic metal with classical female vocals and progressive elements. The base fo the genre is made up by the symphony which is sounded by the keyboards, the choirs and the orchestral elements. This is accompanied by the guitars and the drums. The female tones sometimes are mixed with male vocals which is giving harder sounding for the melodic and classical female phrases.

The name:

Tristana is an orphan adopted by nobleman don Lope Garrido. Don Lope falls in love with her and thus treats her as daughter and wife from the age of 19. But, by age 21 Tristana starts finding her voice, to demand to study music, art and other subjects with which she wishes to become independent. She meets the young artist Horacio Díaz, falls in love, and eventually leaves Toledo to live with him. When she falls ill, she returns to don Lope. The illness results in her losing a leg, which changes her prospects.

Don Lope inherits money from his sister, Tristana eventually marries him, and, when don Lope is ill, Tristana finishes him off by feigning calling the doctor and opening the window to the winter cold. By then she has become jaded like don Lope.

From there comes our name, a referal for the film and novel. About and orphan, who wants to live for arts, about a murderer wife, who have killed her husband. That's how our songs about love, itrigue, delusion, vengeance.

(Source: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristana)

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/thristana/sets/devils-destiny-ep-2012/[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Just for the record, a band using synthesizers (synthetic sounds) has nothing to with being symphonic in nature, meaning (sounds like a Symphony Orchestra) . They are 2 very different things. Devo used synthesizers, they are not even close to being "symphonic". Just wanted to clear that up. With that said, Kamelot is probably my favorite band in the genre. Very tasteful and progressive.