The Animation Appreciation Thread

Bunch of stuff from this year that looks really good:

Apparently this has never been done before, the first fully oil painted feature film. ^

Essentially a re-imagining of the first season of the TV series into a film. ^

Hopefully it will all be easy to find on DVD, the last two especially pique my interests.

I always looked forward to the disgusting close-ups. :D

Have you ever watched The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack? It had a run on cartoon network for a while. Really weird for a kids cartoon, crazy gritty and grotesque at times... and they did the uber gross Ren and Stimpy close ups.

Me, my wife, and my sister all still occasionally say SURGERREHHHH in that creepy voice.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah man, awesome show. I remember it being like Spongebob Squarepants on crack or something.

Thurop Van Orman rules, he also did Camp Lazlo and was a major dude behind Adventure Time.

I vaguely remember Downtown though I can't recall ever actually watching a full episode when I actually aired. MTV were still doing good stuff animation wise back then too and I usually would try and watch most of it so not sure why Downtown passed me by somewhat. Gotta love YouTube though. Speaking of MTV animation:

Reactions: CiG
Yeah man, awesome show. I remember it being like Spongebob Squarepants on crack or something.

Thurop Van Orman rules, he also did Camp Lazlo and was a major dude behind Adventure Time.

I was curious after posting and checked to see what Flapjack was on dvd, only 10 episodes out of the 90+. fuck cartoon network for that.

Based admittedly on watching 3 minutes or so of the show, Flapjack was shit

The first two and a half seasons of Spongebob are beyond almost all cartoon entertainment, let alone that

Fuck the cartoons between 2002 and 2009 or so tbh, terrible period