The annual "Funny things overheard a progpower" thread

To protect the identities of everyone involved, I'd rather not. Those who know what I'm talking about know who they are and their part in this. :p

I see now. I thought this involved food at some restaurant, and I was curious if it was one where I had eaten over the weekend.

...(not that this was overheard, just me being me)

i asked claus for advice on some music...i bought a fairyland cd and asked him what he thought of them...'they are excellent!'

get back to the hotel room and looked at the back of the cd and found that his management company manages them..........:Smug:

I don't know how you couldn't expect that though.

Ideally he should manage bands that he likes...If he can make you a fan of one of his bands, better for everyone.

I don't see a problem with it.

If I asked Ken Golden for a recommendation I'd expect something on his label, same with Lance, and anybody else involved in the industry.

Now go and enjoy your damn album :)

you do understand that i had absolutely no idea it was one of his bands...i had only looked at the front and inside for a quick sec...

and, i did enjoy listening to it on the way to and from icky work today... :)

I don't know how you couldn't expect that though.

Ideally he should manage bands that he likes...If he can make you a fan of one of his bands, better for everyone.

I don't see a problem with it.

ok...let me explain this AGAIN................i had bought the cd BEFORE i asked his advice.....and had not looked at the back of the cd to see his company name on it....sigh

and there is no problem.....he is my friend and i have only the highest respect for him...

Not to mention, as much as I love Bill, I have a hard time believing he could control anyone. Bill can't even control himself.

A-freakin-men :p

He was worried about the internet this weekend.... He hung out with us at the Inn @ the Peachtrees for a bit Friday night.. I can't remember the exact word-age used, but it involved him and the cooler and as soon as he said it 'don't post that on the internet!!!!'

Heh, my apologies. I'm still in that post-progpower brain haze.

You're always in some sort of brain-haze. And by the way, you get the "Crudest of the Year" prize this time around. Just like last time and the one before. :lol:

Another funny one.

"Glenn, can we sponsor Midnight's absence for the next 10 years?"

You're always in some sort of brain-haze. And by the way, you get the "Crudest of the Year" prize this time around. Just like last time and the one before. :lol:

I find it funny that Drew whipping out his shaved balls didn't even put him in the running.

Rudy and I had a clear lead and I think I beat him by volume alone (though his wishbone joke certainly got the most points).

Another one, in one of my great conversations with Mr. Zak Stevens...

"You know, this town is full of the Peachtree Streets because Georgia thinks they're the peach state. The truth is, they know NOTHING about peaches!!! Our peaches in South Carolina are much better, so much more taste! REAL PEACHES!"

Yip can't remember exactly how he said it, but Norm's great pick up line in the Granada Happy Hour was brilliant!

And almost everything Gregg with 2 g's said that night as well was gut busting funny.

Yip can't remember exactly how he said it, but Norm's great pick up line in the Granada Happy Hour was brilliant!

And almost everything Gregg with 2 g's said that night as well was gut busting funny.

lol...lek asked him if the 2 g's were at the beginning....lol...
then watch/listen to gregg trying to say his name with 2 g's at the beginning............. :)

'Do you eat lots of yummy white grapes?' - said by all of us at the gold badge table at some time during the weekend :lol: