ProgPower XIII: The band who will steal the show...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I have no doubt Symphony X, Redemption and Primordial will all be absolutely fantastic. However, the band I think will kick major ass and steal the show (as much as any one band can steal this show) is Mystic Prophecy. They're brand of aggressive Power Metal, with a fantastic vocalist, strong guitar play, a deep catalog and anthemic hooks, exhibits all the characteristics common to the bands who slay at ProgPower. If they're tight and bring a good energy level to the stage, I believe they'll be this year's Angel Dust/Brainstorm/Tad Morose/Edguy/Sabaton.

Who's your pick?

I think Primordial will win over the people who are scared of black/pagan metal with the intensity of their live show. But the more I listen to albums like Fireangel and Satanic Curses, the more I know MP are going to fucking great.

Beyond the Bridge, in my view will be the surprise of the fest with a unique blend of prog technicality and emotional powerful songs. Can't wait!!

I'll mostly be there for Pretty Maids, and I'm sure they'll be kicking ass, even more after watching the recent DVD. But Mystic Prophecy should be great indeed.

I have no doubt Symphony X, Redemption and Primordial will all be absolutely fantastic. However, the band I think will kick major ass and steal the show (as much as any one band can steal this show) is Mystic Prophecy....

Who's your pick?

I agree completely...of course I am little biased....:kickass:

At this point, I am really looking forward to Amaranthe. There is some pretty catchy stuff on that disc.

One of the great things about PP is that there is a band that will appeal to everyone. I love reading these threads just to see the diversity of opinion.

Sinbreed (monster drumming and rhythm dept... via blind guardian basically)
and Solution.45... however, looking forward to ALL THE BANDS!

Sinbreed - Herbie Langhans, that is all.

Beyond the Bridge - Herbie Langhans, that is all.

Seriously, this year is freaking insane.
Sinbreed - OPENING Friday? Really? These guys are freaking great.
Kingcrow - Glenn's favorite album of the year, and they are in the 2 hole?
Amaranthe - I'm a total fanboy. Deal with it.
Serenity - I spent a couple hours breaking down their latest album on this forum. I guess you could call me a fan.
Primordial - I grew up on The Chieftans, The Pogues, and love Metal. I want to hear Uileann pipes and bodhran.
Redemption - Could easily be a headliner, except..
Epica comes back to blow us all away.

And Saturday is even more stupid. I am going to wear a Camelbak, stuff protein bars in my pockets, and just pray I don't have to piss for 14 hours.

Two days in a row.

But my bet for "blow away" power will be Primordial - simply because they will be following on the heels of music we are all pretty familiar with, stylistically... I suspect an Ihsahn/Leprous experience here.

So I think we can all agree that pretty much no one is gonna suck this year....but even though I don't LOVE the album....I'm predicting my jaw will be on the floor after MAYAN play. Its basically a supergroup! There is going to be almost too much goodness on Center Stage for that one!

I'd like to think that Amaranthe will convert some of the unbelievers too!