Which band will steal the show this year?

General Zod said:
Savatage and Edguy can't steal the show... they're headlining. As headliners, it's their show, and you can't "steal" your own show.

Knowing the crowd, and knowing the bands that have stolen past shows, my vote goes for Tad Morose. Their style lends itself to getting a huge reaction from the crowd, ala Angel Dust at PPII and Edguy at PPIII.

Zod
I'm right with you on this one Zod. AD, Edguy and TM also share that Friday #3 spot on the bill. Is it just coincidence ?

Bryant

Mephistopheles said:
I was going to say about the same thing... But then I can't help but think that Rage stole the show last year.
I can almost see that, because most people looked at the PPIV press release and said, "Rage? Why the hell are they headlining?" Personally, they didn't steal the show for me. I stayed for three songs and bailed like nearly everyone else did.

I didn't really think anyone stole the show last year. For starters, it's damn near impossible to be better live than SX. I did think both Vanden Plas and Pagan's Mind were even better than I thought they'd be, especially Vanden Plas.

Zod

General Zod said:
I didn't really think anyone stole the show last year. For starters, it's damn near impossible to be better live than SX. I did think both Vanden Plas and Pagan's Mind were even better than I thought they'd be, especially Vanden Plas.

Zod
Hell I'm the local UM Vanden Plas fanatic and was expecting them to be great and they surpassed my wildest imaginations. I think Kuntz even topped his studio performances on some of the older material. Even at 41 years old, his voice is getting better and better whereas most vocalists would be starting to decline. I also agree with PM and SX as well. Those three bands were practically perfect. It is hard to top perfection. Getting to hear Romeo and Lofstad play on the same stage was pretty wicked too. They are two of the best guitarists around and both of them nailed EVERY note.

Bryant

Totally agree with you guys! Vanden Plas kicked ass.... They were better than SX, IMO...
I am not saying that SX is a bad live band, they are reaaally tight, but I like Vanden Plas' material better...

I wish I could go back and watch Vanden Plas again... I missed the first half or so of their set. And I wasn't really feelin what I did see. They sounded really good... But I was in kind of a shitty mood because I thought a maid or something in the hotel stole a fairly large sum of money from me.

I found the money later though. As I was waiting for a police officer to come by the hotel so I could file a report and went back to my room to literally tear it apart looking for it just in case... I felt like a jack ass. But at least it turned up!

Hey peeps just signed up here...so many months to wait arghhhhhh I can't 'kin wait! Hehehehe, I am going for BRAINSTORM.....I can't wait to experience them LIVE....I know they will defo be a highlight \m/

Angrafan said:
Totally agree with you guys! Vanden Plas kicked ass.... They were better than SX, IMO...
I am not saying that SX is a bad live band, they are reaaally tight, but I like Vanden Plas' material better...

I feel the same way you do. As far as I am concerned, SX, PM and VP were all damned near perfect. You simply can't find bands that can do more justice to their studio work, live than any of those three bands. Having said that, Vanden Plas already has three releases I consider "masterpieces." PM has one and if I were to make a compilation, SX would have one as well as far as my tastes.

Bryant

Mephistopheles said:
I wish I could go back and watch Vanden Plas again... I missed the first half or so of their set. And I wasn't really feelin what I did see. They sounded really good... But I was in kind of a shitty mood because I thought a maid or something in the hotel stole a fairly large sum of money from me.

I found the money later though. As I was waiting for a police officer to come by the hotel so I could file a report and went back to my room to literally tear it apart looking for it just in case... I felt like a jack ass. But at least it turned up!

Oh dude that blows !!! I would have been pissed to.... I don't mean to rub it in, but you missed a serious ass-kicking !! Vanden Plas absolutely ripped. All of those wonderful harmony vocals they do on the studio releases were absolutely perfect live. That band is a fucking machine.

Bryant

Adagio \m/ \m/ and a close second Into Eternity those are my two choices! Adagio just simply kicks ass and from the live videos I have seen from them they should have no trouble recreating the elements from the studio CD...only problem is I wish they would play longer!!!!

I Also Agree That Into Eternity Will Stear The Show This Year, Just An Incredible Band. They Have Guts To Be Putting The Genre's Together In The Master Piece They Call Into Eternity. Just Think When They Play A Metal Show They Kicked For The Clean Vocals, At A Prog Show There Kicked For The Death Metal Growls.....

Also Tad Morose Is Very Good

Brainstorm Is The Band Im Looking Forward To Seeing Behind Into Eternity, They Have Some Heavy Riffs.