Which band will steal the show this year?

Anon138

Feb 6, 2004
Honestly, I'm not very familiar with any of the bands playing this year's festival. I've heard some bits & pieces of Savatage, Edguy, and Adagio, but that's it. As far as the other bands are concerned, I'm clueless. Any info on the other bands will be appreciated. Regardless, I'll be there.

IF Wutherinbg Heights can accurately recreate all the folk elements, like are they gonna bring out some dude to play banjo on the Wild Children?, then I think they have a very very VERY good chance of blowing some people away that might not expect it.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
IF Wutherinbg Heights can accurately recreate all the folk elements, like are they gonna bring out some dude to play banjo on the Wild Children?, then I think they have a very very VERY good chance of blowing some people away that might not expect it.

Ben
I've heard good things about these guys. Which album by them would you consider their best?

I believe Adagio is going to blow us all away. I mean, in my opinion.......they are technically the most inept band on that whole list, and they offer great melodies on top of that. I'm surprised more people don't like Adagio, their shit is flawless on CD, hopefully the same live!

Can't wait,

Bobby Williamson

For Wuthering Heights, I would definitely reccomend Far From the Madding Crowd, the new one. Honestly, I've had Within and To Travel For EVermore for like 2 - 3 years now and they maybe got played, 5 times each. Take that compared to Madding Crowd which is being hauled around everwhere I go.

I think part of "stealing the show" is the massive amount of energy and crowd interaction. David Readman is a great frontman so I'm expecting him to deliver on that. I was gonna say that it might be a little hard for Adagio to be uber pumped considering the technicality of the music but hell, look at Sym X last year.

Oh yea, and Edguy will bring the fucking house down.

Ben

I believe Adagio is going to blow us all away. I mean, in my opinion.......they are technically the most inept band on that whole list, and they offer great melodies on top of that. I'm surprised more people don't like Adagio, their shit is flawless on CD, hopefully the same live!
hmm, how can they be technically inept and flawless at the same time? Did you mean adept? Just wondering.
inept - incompetent
adept - highly skilled
BTW, I love Adagio and they very well could be a show stealer, but the band that keeps surprising me every time I play their stuff is Into Eternity. Don't know if they'll be a show stealer, but the way those clean vocal harmonies soothe over the undercurrent of death vocals knitted together with sweet guitar threads just amazes me.

I would love for Wuthering Heights to bust out some traditional instruments during their set, especially some bagpipes. That would totally floor me. But, I'm really expecting Edguy to steal the show, because as Ben said, they will absolutely tear the fucking house down, without a doubt.

Adagio! if they can re-create the first three songs from Underworld....then there will be no doubt!

T

Demonspell said:
Into Eternity...if they can surpass the energy and precision of BIO in a live setting (and I keep hearing they're awesome live), they'll be incredibly difficult to follow
I absolutely agree! INTO ETERNITY just blow me away big time! Also, Bravewords.com has a quote from Into Eternity that a major tour announcement is coming soon for a tour Century Media has lined up for them. Could it be a slot on the upcoming NEVERMORE U.S. headlining tour? Both are on Century Media. My God what show that would be!!!

Savatage and Edguy can't steal the show... they're headlining. As headliners, it's their show, and you can't "steal" your own show.

Knowing the crowd, and knowing the bands that have stolen past shows, my vote goes for Tad Morose. Their style lends itself to getting a huge reaction from the crowd, ala Angel Dust at PPII and Edguy at PPIII.

Zod

Emerald Sword said:
Could it be a slot on the upcoming NEVERMORE U.S. headlining tour? Both are on Century Media. My God what show that would be!!!
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were indeed the case. They were supposed to tour together in 2002, but plans were scrapped for one reason or another (probably because Nevermore's headliner plans fell through). At any rate, Loomis & Warrell apparently are big fans of Into Eternity, so I'll join you in crossing my fingers for this to happen. :)

markgugs said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were indeed the case. They were supposed to tour together in 2002, but plans were scrapped for one reason or another (probably because Nevermore's headliner plans fell through). At any rate, Loomis & Warrell apparently are big fans of Into Eternity, so I'll join you in crossing my fingers for this to happen. :)

I prefer Nevermore take a band like Mystic Prophecy, Primal Fear, Sinergy, or Devom Townsend to tour with. NOT Into Eternity.