Who do you guys think will steal the show this year?

Who will people be talking about, on this board, the week after the festival? Who will receive this years commemorative Angel Dust award? My vote goes for Vanden Plas. I think this band is the most underrated band at the show and will fly in (if they fly in) under a lot of folk's radar. And from what I've heard (Bryant's insane rantings aside), they're very tight and very energetic live.

GZ[/QUOTE]

I guess Angel Dust kicked your ass at PP2 like they did mine. >:p~ I think you are right about VP though I am extremely biased. I have some net friends that really don't "get" VP, but even they say VP is a "quality band" or give some positive adjectives to them when describing them.
My rantings stand out as I am a pretty excitable person, but I think you will find other VP fans similar. We may not be great in number, but most of us are almost like Dio fans in our loyalty. I'm not the type of person that worships a band and to me, they are just five pretty cool German musicians but they write music that has simply engulfed me and reached levels in songwriting and recording no other band has in my ears.
I have heard absolutely nothing but favorable reviews of their live performances as well, so needless to say I am completely psyched about seeing them live. Some people aren't crazy about this year's lineup, but I think it totally rocks. I wasn't able to pull the Redemption CD out of my player for about a week after I got it. I'm psyched about seeing them as well.

Bryant

I agree, Bryant. I am totally psyched as well. Finally got my room at Granada booked for the show. There are only 2 rooms left there now, so folks better get their reservations in.....
Cindy

LuCinda said:
I agree, Bryant. I am totally psyched as well. Finally got my room at Granada booked for the show. There are only 2 rooms left there now, so folks better get their reservations in.....
Cindy

Have you heard the Redemption Cindy ? There are some that don't care for Rick Mythiasin's vocals on the disc, but I am in the opposite corner. Rick was in Steel Prophet for over 10 years and he's a veteran that knows what to do with a mic. The songwriting by Nick van Dyk is also oustanding as is his guitar tone and playing style. Hey Ray Alder will even be guest appearing in this band. Redemption is a little more dark and power oriented than VP (though I still consider them quite progressive) but I don't think there could be a better opener for the show.

Bryant

Damn, you yanks are luckey BAST*RDS! I'd kill to see that show!! Btw, what 's your favourite song from the Redemption? Mine's Nocturnal, closely followed by As I Lay Dying. I love the whole album though, even inspired me to pick up the Bradbury book and absolutely loved it...as I expected. Have fun, you guys!

Bryant said:
Have you heard the Redemption Cindy ?
Hey Bryant, it's good to hear from you! I have only heard a couple of Redemption's songs and so far, I like what I've heard. As a matter of fact, a lot of the other bands are new to me as well. As soon as I get my computer back on line, I am gonna start downloading some of their stuff so I'll be able to sing along at PP! *heehee* Speaking of Ray Alder, I am going to be attending the DT,QR, FW show in July, can't wait.
Cindy

Cyclopssss said:
Damn, you yanks are luckey BAST*RDS! I'd kill to see that show!! Btw, what 's your favourite song from the Redemption? Mine's Nocturnal, closely followed by As I Lay Dying. I love the whole album though, even inspired me to pick up the Bradbury book and absolutely loved it...as I expected. Have fun, you guys!

That's a pretty solid, well written CD and hard to pick a favorite, but I love the chorus of Suite Part III. "Bodies wear out but souls must survive etc." Rick nails that.

As far as Bradbury, have you read "The Halloween Tree" ? It should be fairly quick reading as it was really written for like early teens like the Harry Potter books, but it's so well written and the story is interesting, so you will never know the difference. It doesn't "feel" like a book written for that age group.

Bryant

Wow. I cannot believe no one thinks that PAGAN'S MIND is going to surprise people. I think they are the third best band playing this festival. The new CD is truly a masterpiece of melodic progressive metal, for sure!!