Which band do you think will be the returning band for the Showcase?

Circus Maximus is touring the US soon, so I'd rather see someone who won't be here otherwise....and please no Vision Divine...

Although the Maximus thing is being labeled as a "mini-tour," I'd say it might need a few more dates to even qualify as that. Either way, having them play the showcase would, IMO, be a bad idea. They should come back and play the mainstage for PPX, as someone already mentioned.

Primal Fear
Vision Divine
Savage Circus (with Thomen. Piet being in Atlanta already...)
Brainstorm

Here's 4 guesses for the upcoming PPUSA IX Showcase:
Circle II Circle
Mercenary
Theocracy
Avian

I'll bet at least one of those will be there.
Bonus guess:
Into Eternity

Circle II Circle
Mercenary
Theocracy
Avian

I'll bet at least one of those will be there.
Bonus guess:
Into Eternity

I'd be up for seeing CIIC again. Not sure excited about IE. On this last DT/Redemption/IE tour they just didn't have it. I love the band, have all their cds and have seen them many times before. Out of the 4 east coast dates for DT I went to, I watched them at the CT show only. That was enough for me.

I would like to see Threshold, Redemption, Firewind or Communic make it. I can't see Pagan's Mind making it. Frankly that would be a step down for them. I think it should focus on bands below the final 2 of either night.

I would like to see Threshold, Redemption, Firewind or Communic make it. I can't see Pagan's Mind making it. Frankly that would be a step down for them. I think it should focus on bands below the final 2 of either night.

Vanden Plas could have headlined the main fest. A lot of people were really suprised when they weren't. They won every popularity poll for VIII all year. Pagan's Mind was always in second place behind them. There's no reason Pagan's Mind couldn't do the Showcase.

In any event the returning band should be the crowd, not necessarily forum, favorite. Pagan's Mind won the "Best of Friday" poll, but competition was much stiffer on Saturday. While Pagan's Mind was clearly crowd favorite on Friday, only two bands recieved nearly complete standing ovations from the seated audience all weekend: Firewind and After Forever.

That said, I'd like to see Raintime.

Nice post and I agree about Vanden Plas. I have to disagree about the "poll" thing though. Had PM played on Saturday, I think they would have still been the crowd favorite. I thought they were truly an elite band.

My choices would be:

Vanden Plas
Pagans Mind
Wuthering Heights
Brainstorm

or how about an Angel Dust or Tad Morose reunion ?

Bryant

Vanden Plas could have headlined the main fest. A lot of people were really suprised when they weren't. They won every popularity poll for VIII all year. Pagan's Mind was always in second place behind them. There's no reason Pagan's Mind couldn't do the Showcase.

In any event the returning band should be the crowd, not necessarily forum, favorite. Pagan's Mind won the "Best of Friday" poll, but competition was much stiffer on Saturday. While Pagan's Mind was clearly crowd favorite on Friday, only two bands recieved nearly complete standing ovations from the seated audience all weekend: Firewind and After Forever.

That said, I'd like to see Raintime.

Brainstorm
Vanden Plas
Kamelot or Conception
Pagan's Mind
Circle II Circle
I'm sure there are others, but those come to mind first.

Circle II Circle
Mercenary
Theocracy
Avian

That would be fine with me, since I was a late addition to Theocracy I missed being able to be a part of ProgPower. What a shame too...:erk: I guarantee I move around 50x more than the previous bassist did. Wait...rephrase "I move around." haha sorry.