Which band do you think will be the returning band for the Showcase?

I'm guessing at the same one as Nocturnal Rites, Bavmorda, Dream Evil, Suspyre, and a host of other recommended "returning" bands did.
You know these threads always turn into a wishlist fest. Rifkin can wish too.

BTW, what Web Radio are you tuning into now that Von Goober shut down?

Unfortunately I have not found a suitable replacement for VG. The station that I listen to now is more 80s metal centric (http://www.hardrockin80s.com/). It still kills me that my bud had to close the station down, but whatchagonnado.

I'd like to see After Forever come back. I skipped most of their set, and after seeing their last couple songs, I wish I hadn't.

This was only my second year, so I don't know if there's precedent for a headliner returning, but I would LOVE another opportunity to see After Forever!

Circus Maximus, Circle II Circle, Vision Divine or Firewind would also be awesome.

So would Vanden Plas, assuming they aren't going to be subject to the 7-year ban on re-entry. Has anyone heard anything new on this?

Unfortunately I have not found a suitable replacement for VG. The station that I listen to now is more 80s metal centric (http://www.hardrockin80s.com/). It still kills me that my bud had to close the station down, but whatchagonnado.

I have so much music to listen to, old CD's and new stuff that keeps piling up, that I didn't have much time for online radio, but when I did have time, VonGoober was hands down the best on the web.
Steve clearly has excellent tastes in music.

Circus Maximus, Circle II Circle, Vision Divine or Firewind would also be awesome.

Circle II Circle, Circus Maximus and Manticora will tour the US in the spring of 2008. All three are PP USA or PP USA pre-party/showcase veterans.

I'd love to see these be part of the showcase or be a headliner, but since they'll be touring the US several months before PP USA, its highly unlikely they'll be touring again so soon (though it could be possible that Circle II Circle might be able to perform at the showcase since they're a US based band).

But I like your choice of bands... Firewind was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to PP VIII. They did NOT dissapoint! :headbang::kickass: