The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Oh god yeah, I just remembered. I did read it yeah, it was good. Pretty detailed and accurate as far as I could tell.

Hey Mitch,
For Roope

Iommi Cross Rhoads(j50bc j-200 pickups with je-1000 gain boost)
White Rhoads (j-50bc pickup with je-1000 gainboost)
Yellow bevels Rhoads (j-50bc j-100 pickups with je-1000 gainboost)

Hey Mitch, on HCD guitars are Widchild and Stone, they were stolen after the recordings. I think it was on SoB's bio where I got that.

I'll take your word for it.

Hey Mitch,
For Roope

Iommi Cross Rhoads(j50bc j-200 pickups with je-1000 gain boost)
White Rhoads (j-50bc pickup with je-1000 gainboost)
Yellow bevels Rhoads (j-50bc j-100 pickups with je-1000 gainboost)

But which models did he use on both the Sinergy albums? All 3? Only 1? A mixture of 2?

I'll edit that now.

Probably Follow The Reaper. That middle section in Northern Comfort where both gutiars are just chugging on a single G# while the keyboard is playing is like the best guitar tone I've ever heard.

Not sure if this thread is the right place for this, but anyway ...

CoB MySpace blog, Wednesday, March 26, 2008:

Henkka and Roope get Signature Guitars

ESP Guitars introduced two new Signature Series models at Musikmesse. Joining bandmate Alexi Laiho, guitarist Roope Latvala and bassist Henkka T. Blacksmith will have new models from LTD in their names. The LTD RL-600 guitar and LTD HTB-600 bass will be available from authorized ESP/LTD dealers.

"Both Roope and Henkka have been using ESPs for years," says Allen Steelgrave, ESP director of marketing and artist relations. "We’re very happy to give these
innovative musicians the recognition they deserve with their own LTD signature series models."

The Roope Latvala LTD RL-600 offers a unique star-shaped alder body with a neckthrough design at 25.5" scale. The maple thin-U neck with ebony fingerboard has custom inlays and 24 XJ frets. Black nickel hardware includes a Floyd Rose bridge and Grover tuners, with an EMG HZ H-2 pickup controlled by a single volume knob. The guitar comes in a custom light grey finish.

The LTD HTB-600 signature series bass is Henkka T. Blacksmith’s custom bass made available for the general public. Only the second signature bass from ESP (the other being by Tom Araya of Slayer), the HTB-600 features a neck-thru-body design at 34" scale. The lightweight and comfortable alder body is adjoined by the maple neck and ebony fingerboard, which has no inlays except the model name at the 12th fret (24 XJ frets total). Grover tuners and an ESP BB-604 bridge are made of black nickel, and the bass’ electronics include two EMG 35DC (bridge and neck) active pickups with EMG BQS 3-band active EQ. The bass is offered in a black finish with a "COBHC" graphic on the front.

cant you order the JE-1000 from jackson ???

anywassy i think if you put a set of Sd blakcouts in your RR its pretty cool and man warheart you PWNED the fret board on your vids OMG thank god you also Juts drew that snake on i was like OMg XD

mmh... I don't know whats your problem with your EMG Warheart, but I think it's sounds really great! I've pushed the db up to 14/15 from my EMG anf when I play over my Marshall in my rehearsal place its got a really hardcore/trashy/metal sound. Absolutely clear and it don't go into a too muddy way... I can't really hear a difference between Alexis tone on Are you dead yet and my tone...