The Movie Thread

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/shrek.htm

This is the review for Shrek. You would think this would be a good wholesome family movie but you would be wrong according to this site. Here is part of the review:

Wanton Violence/Crime (W):

WWF style violence
skeletons and body parts
graphic animal attacks
bluebird exploding due to high pitched note
defensive fighting
impalement with an arrow
knife blade to throat threat
dragon eating a character
inflation of a snake by mouth to make an animal shaped balloon
torture of a character (gingerbread man)
graphic expressions

Impudence/Hate (I)(1):

flatulence
persecution based on outward appearance
five uses of the three/four letter word vocabulary I wonder what that word is?
urinating on a campfire
crotch injury with a crunch
bathing in what appears to be manure (which could conveniently be thought of as mud)

Sex/Homosexuality (S):

brief rear male nudity, twice
sexual innuendo
dragon kissing the bare bottom of Shrek

Drugs/Alcohol (D):

drinking

Offense to God (O)(2):

two uses of God's name in vain but without the four letter expletive

Glad you thought it was funny Ms. Slash. Check out your favourit movies and see how evil/immoral they are!

Last night I seen Battle Royale 2. It was very entertaining. Its not as good as the first but its still a great movie.

best movies ever ..for me at least well :
>exorcit ( waitin to c the 2nd part )
>lord of the rings
>crimson rivers ( also waitin the second part )
>passion of the christ
>king arthur ( the true story )
>gladiator
>end of days
>the omen
>harry potter
> all jhony depp movies
>the village ( great movie c it guys )
>troy ( and a big hail for greece )
> le fameux destin d amelie poulin ( frensh movie )
> jakass the movie
>little nicky

LANTHWICK said:
> jakass the movie
>little nicky
Both are superb but especially Little Nicky..it's awesome.. :headbang: I think I've watched it 6-7 seven times o_O Even Ozzy Osbourne has a little part in it,COOL :hotjump: After watching it,I said 'If hell is like that then I wanna go there' :D o_O

Tye said:
I thought the last Harry Potter was great but I did'nt like the first 2. Does anyone else here read the books?
Emm.... psst.... me.
Now I read mainly 4th wave russian scifi. Unfortunately, it was yet to be translated to other langauges. And still I would ask, if anybody heard about such writers as Sergei Luk'ianenko, Andrei Lazarchuk, H. L. Oldy etc.

I just recently re-discovered Pier Paolo Pasolini's "Salo o le 120 giornate di Sodoma" (120 days of Sodom).
That's a pretty impressive "adaption" of Marquis de Sade s book...

Other than that I definitely have to include The godfather, Pulp fiction, 12 Monkeys, Life of Brian, Raiders of the lost arc...or ancient :p movies like "Nosferatu" or "Metropolis".

UUhh, I forgot: "The Great Dictator" is one of the all time best!!!

the last two movies i saw were I Heart Huckabees, and Hero. I really liked both. I Heart Huckabees has a lot of philosophy stuff in it about existentialism and nihilism, but it's really hilarious too.

Hero...well you just can't go wrong with that. I really want to see House of Flying Daggers as well when that comes out.

So at last I had the oportunity to watch Aronofsky's "Requiem for a Dream" and I have to say, although I still like "Pi" more, it was a fantastic movie!!! :)

I'm so waiting for Aronofsky's next project "The Fountain" to come out. :) :) :)

On other fronts, saw Kitano's "Zatoichi" a few days ago. Well, that was a great and funny movie. I recommend everyone into eastern fighting-movies to go and watch it!