The Symphony X Chat

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Hello all,

as many of you know online chatting can be very entertaining. Now that the new SymX website has been opened and we already have an official chat channel for the band, it's time to make that channel active. You can help other SymX fans by being on the chat and making it active that way :)

Doesn't matter if you're not experienced chatter, everyone is most welcome! :)

You don't have to install any chat program on your computer if you don't want to. You can find all the info how to join the chat channel from the following address: http://www.symphonyx.com/irc.html

Also, Mr. Romeo has agreed to do a chat session with us later when they're not too busy, so you might want to become familiar with the chat before that!

I really hope to see many of you on the channel, SymX deserves an active chat channel and you can make a difference by being part of it :) You do want to have fun, right?

Looking forward to hanging out there with many of you,
Aki the Chat Administrator (nickname "pollution" on the chat)

And if everyone leaves then there'll never be anyone there..stick around a bit & give it a chance :)

Idle it - IRC doesnt take much if any bandwith. It just kind of sits there on yer taskbar . I have 1-2 IRC clients open at a time - and never see a Bandwith hit if thats what some of you are wondering!

Idle the channel, and you'll see more ppl

Lady of the Oracle said:
And if everyone leaves then there'll never be anyone there..stick around a bit & give it a chance :)
Wise words there Lady!

Sticking around is indeed pretty important when we're trying to make it more alive. Got a bunch of people hanging in there already :)

Demonspell: cool, hope to see you there soon, if you meant regurarly scheduled chats with the band it won't work as they're really often too busy with other stuff..

-Aki-

Dado-x said:
Ah, cool. When I saw the title and the initial post it sounded so 2001.
Umm, ok. Feel free to write a "2003 post" yourself as you sound like you know how to do that :p

It worked pretty well anyway :) Lots of folks checked it out yesterday and actually stayed in there too to chat, keep on coming! Naturally new people are still welcome too.

<<Demonspell: cool, hope to see you there soon, if you meant regurarly scheduled chats with the band it won't work as they're really often too busy with other stuff..>>

No, just a designated time so people would know when the chatroom would likely be active...

pollution said:
Umm, ok. Feel free to write a "2003 post" yourself as you sound like you know how to do that /forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif
Hahaha, sorry if I sounded like an asshole (a "2003 asshole", that is :D ). What I meant to say, is that I thought someone regurgitated an old thread, way back when the SyX chatroom was a novity.

Cheers.

Demonspell said:
<<Demonspell: cool, hope to see you there soon, if you meant regurarly scheduled chats with the band it won't work as they're really often too busy with other stuff..>>

No, just a designated time so people would know when the chatroom would likely be active...
Hmm.. have to think about that. For the last couple of days it has been quite active no matter when you join though :) So it's most likely active if you join, heh

Oh yea, I forgot to say earlier that it's possible to join the chat by using the popular Trillian chat program too!

This page has the info how to join a channel using Trillian:
http://malbela.com/trillian-irc/

The instructions are created for another chat channel so you have to do couple of things differently to join the SymX Chat. Instead of Ablenet you have to join a StarChat server and the server address is irc.starchat.net. Also, the channel name to join is #teof

Feel free to message me privately for help if you have problems.. See ya in the channel :)

The Metal Chick said:
wow I forgot how addicting chat rooms are...and it's nice to find one without perverts in it, you know? LOL so yeah i think i'll be living there AND here hehehe
LIVING there? Now that's how I like it. :) Yeah.. we're trying to keep it pervert-free zone heh

pollution said:
LIVING there? Now that's how I like it. :) Yeah.. we're trying to keep it pervert-free zone heh

hahaha yeah i plan to spend many hours in the online world of Symphony X :D but I don't know if the chat room is down now, or if my school's computer network won't allow me in...there is a sign in the library that says NO CHAT OR INSTANT MESSAGING...BAH I laugh at that...I'll join tonight when I'm at home