VOLBEAT's career is skyrocketing almost everywhere...

Hmmmm ... The band got an offer from a large band (in flames) to be direct support all across Europe. That right there can make a band, so OF COURSE the band took that tour. Glenn completely understood and while he was sad on a personal level (being a fan) he was realistic about the entire situation. Lets face it, at that point in time VolBeat wouldn't have brought any new fans to PPUSA that wouldn't already be here. Sometimes the entire "ohhh these guys were supposed to play here but had to cancel, so they've gotta be bad guys" mentality of this forum is laughable.

Thanks for telling the story. I can understand the Volbeat guys, even though I would have been disappointed if I had bought my PP tickets to see them specifically. That being said, "boycotting" them years later because of the non-PP show is a bit weird...

Thanks for telling the story. I can understand the Volbeat guys, even though I would have been disappointed if I had bought my PP tickets to see them specifically. That being said, "boycotting" them years later because of the non-PP show is a bit weird...

A bit weird? Call it pure stupid.

They played here in Baltimore about a week ago. The place was so packed you could barely move. Not sure what has helped them "break out" but the strength of their live show cannot hurt their popularity. They are very, very good live.

dt

New album "Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies" get GREAT chart entries for first week:

Denmark #1
Canada #1
Norway #1
Switzerland #1
Austria #1
Finland #2
The Netherlands #4
USA #9

I didn't think they were now that popular...I knew they were on the rise, but would never have thought the new album would sell so much at first week. Getting position #9 on the US Billboard 200 (and #1 in Canada) is quite an accomplishment IMO, for a band vitually unknown in North America 3 or 4 years ago.

Great for them, the new album rocks and they remain one of my fave bands.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/202579

New animated video for The Hangman's Body Count
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9gwUDmFkUo

Yeah they have a few active rock radio hits over the past few albums. I heard them on the radio a few times at the gym for sure.

Just so folks know, I never have a problem with bands canceling because of greater professional opportunities. However, with Volbeat, their manager and booking agent at the time were total fuck-ups about the situation and I had to pull teeth to get solid answers at the time. That makes a difference.

As for Arcturus, fuck those guys. Hope that clears that one up.

Just so folks know, I never have a problem with bands canceling because of greater professional opportunities. However, with Volbeat, their manager and booking agent at the time were total fuck-ups about the situation and I had to pull teeth to get solid answers at the time. That makes a difference.

There are plenty of bad managements out there.

As for Arcturus, fuck those guys. Hope that clears that one up.

Karma will catch up to them eventually, just like it will every other band who've been liars, crooks, thieves etc ... plenty of those to go around :)

They played here in Baltimore about a week ago. The place was so packed you could barely move. Not sure what has helped them "break out" but the strength of their live show cannot hurt their popularity. They are very, very good live.

dt

I was at that show, about as far back as possible without actually serving drinks behind the bar.

It helps that the band has toured the US relentlessly. They made it a point to break into the US market by any means necessary, and they succeeded big time.

Hmmmm ... The band got an offer from a large band (in flames) to be direct support all across Europe. That right there can make a band, so OF COURSE the band took that tour. Glenn completely understood and while he was sad on a personal level (being a fan) he was realistic about the entire situation. Lets face it, at that point in time VolBeat wouldn't have brought any new fans to PPUSA that wouldn't already be here. Sometimes the entire "ohhh these guys were supposed to play here but had to cancel, so they've gotta be bad guys" mentality of this forum is laughable.

Yeah, that seems like a petty reason to never check out a band. Besides, we got a Mustasch appearance out of the deal, and nobody who witnessed that set would ever forget it.

It's ironic that people want to boycott Volbeat when the Mustasch guys are shit talking egotistical pricks.

Care to elaborate? They were pretty awesome in Atlanta... (as people, that is)

Not in public, but I guess my point is that experiences and milage with people can vary, so boycotting a band that they may have no attachment to beyond the music is kind of petty imo!

Yeah the great thing out of this was Mustasch was the replacement. And they're long overdue to be back. Glenn, please?

Sure is a good thing we're allowed to like or dislike bands for whatever reasons we chose. Whether it was a bad personal experience, shitty album covers, lead singer's political rants, ugly bass player, drummer's an asshole, label you think sucks, band's ticket gouging, manager is a cunt, whatever. Music can be a very emotional thing for some people, and if something puts you off that lessens the enjoyment, so be it. It's not retarded, stupid, idiotic or anything else. It's just what it is.

I had someone at work tell me Volbeat sounded like a cheap Green Day copy LOL

Sometimes the entire "ohhh these guys were supposed to play here but had to cancel, so they've gotta be bad guys" mentality of this forum is laughable.

I don't recall anyone saying that Volbeat are bad guys. Some of us just don't understand what happened, that's all. Glenn has a very loyal following, so if that's laughable, then I guess laugh your ass off. :rolleyes:

~Brian~