what do you think that really happen after we die?

When you die, your mind is forever lost. There is no such thing as
a self after death. Afterlife is the natural way for humans to explain
what the cannot fully accept. DEATH.

Originally posted by Lordenlil
When you die, your mind is forever lost. There is no such thing as
a self after death. Afterlife is the natural way for humans to explain
what the cannot fully accept. DEATH.

Yes. People are afraid of death because it is unknown to them, so they invent stories so their feeble minds can grasp the concept of death and to find comfort to ease their worry as to what will become of them when they die. These stories are lies, but they've been around for so long that the lies have become truth.

well when you die a very large quantity of DMT is relesed into the brain... Now if you simply administer a dose of DMT when you are not passing, you just may get a glimpse into what you could call afterlife. Shamans and many others have spoken of ancestors who could be described as elves.... hahahaha it may sound crazy but read up on it. I just bought an amazing book by Strassman called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" I have yet to read it in its entirety but am looking very forward. Cheers

Originally posted by Belial

Yes. People are afraid of death because it is unknown to them, so they invent stories so their feeble minds can grasp the concept of death and to find comfort to ease their worry as to what will become of them when they die. These stories are lies, but they've been around for so long that the lies have become truth.

so what makes you know what truely happens? fact is none of us are 100% certain. I am definately not afraid of death, actually I am looking forward to the moment but am in no rush. I have taken far to many psychedelics to believe that it just simply goes lights out hahaha... think of a circle.... where does it start, where does it end

Nobody think you vanish... but think of a circle.. you're gonna be
a rotten corpse and in the end probably dirt consumed by plants
perhaps... is it you? Your persoanlity. No way. That's where I fail
to see any logical reason - WHY should it be like that... why
should we ever contimue being ourselves? Too bad if u was born
a retard... gonna be a retard in heaven.. or wherever. And if that
is 'fixed' still not the same person... the whole reasoning behind
this is just.. WHANGAGAGABANGA.. (I was speaking more in
general in the last part, not to you directly LSD).

that was an interesting read. yes my body will become a rotten corpse and consumed by maggots and worms and the such. Actually I would like to be cremated but you get the idea. But that is simply just one aspect of it. that is purely physical. let us call upon Einstein and his E=mc2... matter and energy are two forms of the same thing. Neither can be destroyed but, under certain circumstances they can be turned into the other. All the matter in the universe condensed out of pure energy.

"consumed by plants perhaps"

now you are talking my man, hahaha. Pot will finally get the best of me hahaha... hopefully I go into the fungi though

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Nothing. I die and then there is no memories, no conciousness, no afterlife. I can't exactly comprehend the feeling of not feeling... but that's what happens. Absolutely nothing. existance ceases and you no longer think or feel.

I agree.

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
so what makes you know what truely happens? fact is none of us are 100% certain. I am definately not afraid of death, actually I am looking forward to the moment but am in no rush. I have taken far to many psychedelics to believe that it just simply goes lights out hahaha... think of a circle.... where does it start, where does it end

Where did I claim to know what truly happens? It is my belief that the commonly accepted notion of souls going to higher planes of existence is rubbish. I view death purely on a biological basis.

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
that was an interesting read. yes my body will become a rotten corpse and consumed by maggots and worms and the such. Actually I would like to be cremated but you get the idea. But that is simply just one aspect of it. that is purely physical. let us call upon Einstein and his E=mc2... matter and energy are two forms of the same thing. Neither can be destroyed but, under certain circumstances they can be turned into the other. All the matter in the universe condensed out of pure energy.

"consumed by plants perhaps"

now you are talking my man, hahaha. Pot will finally get the best of me hahaha... hopefully I go into the fungi though

Human's are biological machines. Nothing more, nothing less. When we cease to function, that is the end of us.

I might as well ask where a clock goes when I smash it to pieces.

Death is followed quite quickly by the end of all those funky chemical processes that define a person and their individuality. This is follwed by the body become either wormfood or the human equivalent of dust.

Afterlife is a nice idea invented by well meaning people who thought it would make death less scary for common people, or the masses and also used as a tool of subversion (ie, you have a really shite life now, but don't worry, in the afterlife (heaven/whatever) it'll all be better).