Zonder touring/playing in Fates

AirGuitarLoonhouse

Professional Headbanger
Jul 23, 2007
Chicago
FATES WARNING/SLAVIOR drummer Mark Zonder has issued the following update:

"There are some cool things happening for me this year.

"As many of you know, I'm going back on the road with FATES WARNING for select dates in the U.S. and Europe starting this month."

Interesting news considering Bobby Jarzombek was rumored to be recording the next CD with them. I guess Bobby must be busy with Bach so he can't tour. Wonder which one will be on the CD. Then again this CD may be years away in Fates time.

This is billed as a Parallels reunion tour, which presumably accounts for Zonder's participation.

I just saw that The Webster theater in Hartford, CT is listing a June 4, 2010 show by Fates Warning. Even selling advance tickets. That's just a week before their appearance at the Sweden Rock festival... and just a day's drive away for me. (Unlike Sweden Rock.)

On the web: http://www.webstertheater.com/schedule.php#June

This is billed as a Parallels reunion tour, which presumably accounts for Zonder's participation.

I just saw that The Webster theater in Hartford, CT is listing a June 4, 2010 show by Fates Warning. Even selling advance tickets. That's just a week before their appearance at the Sweden Rock festival... and just a day's drive away for me. (Unlike Sweden Rock.)

Oh HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting my tickets RIGHT NOW!!! ARGHHHH I'M SO HAPPY NOW!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Very cool. Thanks for the additional info. I had heard about the Parallels CD re-release, but these shows are great news. Based upon http://www.fateswarning.info/news/ there will be a few more US dates. Hopefully one will be anywhere in Midwest.

I'd advise a little caution, though; as of today (3/14), the Hartford show hasn't been confirmed at the official website fateswarning.com . Prior to PPX there were a handful of FW gigs that were supposedly scheduled in Aug/Sept around the states, including shows in Cleveland, and at Jaxx among other places, some of which were even selling advance tix, and none of which were confirmed by the band.

None of those non-PP gigs happened.

I don't know the track record of The Webster theater, if they're prone to jumping the gun on advertising a gig prior to finalizing contracts etc.

I'd advise a little caution, though; as of today (3/14), the Hartford show hasn't been confirmed at the official website fateswarning.com . Prior to PPX there were a handful of FW gigs that were supposedly scheduled in Aug/Sept around the states, including shows in Cleveland, and at Jaxx among other places, some of which were even selling advance tix, and none of which were confirmed by the band.

None of those non-PP gigs happened.

I don't know the track record of The Webster theater, if they're prone to jumping the gun on advertising a gig prior to finalizing contracts etc.

I don't recall ever having a problem with the Webster as far as buying tickets before a show is confirmed. I do recall, however, a show being advertised at the Webster (flyers), and it not happening for some reason.

I really hope this is indeed confirmed, though. I'd LOVE to see FW at "home"...

June 4, Hartford show is now listed on the official FW website. Yay!

(Sadly, I have to work that night, and will miss this gig. Ugh.)

Here's the setlist from the LA Show:

Leave the Past Behind
Life in Still Water
Eye to Eye
The Eleventh Hour
Point of View(Ray messed up a couple lyrics heh)
We Only Say Goodbye
Don't Follow Me
The Road Goes on Forever
Pale Fire
Island in the Stream
Face the Fear
Monument

Encores:

Through Different Eyes
Nothing Left to Say

The guys were just on fire! Mark was just incredible to watch. If you get a chance to see them, dont miss it. Ray sounded real good, although he avoided most of the high notes.

I have a feeling the Hartford show will get a nice crowd, considering they're playing at home. Nothing will make me miss this show. I am super stoked about seeing FW!

What can you guys tell me about the Hartford venue? I live in FL but am seriously considering flying up for the show. How far is it from the airport and what about hotels close to the venue? Any help would be appreciated.

A few facts about the Webster Theater in Hartford:

- Sound is either pretty good (at least times I was there) or shitty (heard stories)
- It used to be an old movie theater.
- 5 bars inside the venue
- Spacious venue - Fits about 1,500 - 2,000 people max.
- Designated drinking area by the bars.
- The area of the city is not the best, to be honest. A little ghetto. haha
- Staff can be rude.
- There's a few hotels not too far from the venue. Cab ride isn't the cheapest, but it's not the most ridiculous thing either.

Just saw on the Webster Theater website that there are SIX opening bands for this show. Christ.

I really, really want to go to this, but it's awfully hard to convince my "friends" to go anywhere or do anything - and the fact that there are SIX opening bands, most of which (if history has taught me anything) will probably suck - is NOT helping.

:(

Just saw on the Webster Theater website that there are SIX opening bands for this show. Christ.

I really, really want to go to this, but it's awfully hard to convince my "friends" to go anywhere or do anything - and the fact that there are SIX opening bands, most of which (if history has taught me anything) will probably suck - is NOT helping.

:(

Welcome to the Webster. We have two rooms, and most of the times we put quite a few openers. You'll really have about 2 main openers on the actual big stage. Suggestion? Show up a little late, or hang out at the bar. It's not the end of the world. You're making it bigger than it actually is. Trust me on that one. A show at the Webster has never run really late (at least, not one that I've attended).