Zonder touring/playing in Fates

Welcome to the Webster. We have two rooms, and most of the times we put quite a few openers. You'll really have about 2 main openers on the actual big stage. Suggestion? Show up a little late, or hang out at the bar. It's not the end of the world. You're making it bigger than it actually is. Trust me on that one. A show at the Webster has never run really late (at least, not one that I've attended).

Oh alright, I guess that changes things a bit. I'm used to how this terrible club in my area does shows, where they will seriously book 7 horrible opening bands playing on the same stage as the headliner, it's such train wreck and makes for a much worse show overall. If that's not the case with this show, it's much more appealing to me.

I figure this show is going to attract a generally older demographic (as opposed to most power metal shows, which seem prone to people in my own age bracket), so I could probably show up on the later side and still manage to get pretty close to the stage.

Oh alright, I guess that changes things a bit. I'm used to how this terrible club in my area does shows, where they will seriously book 7 horrible opening bands playing on the same stage as the headliner, it's such train wreck and makes for a much worse show overall. If that's not the case with this show, it's much more appealing to me.

I hear you. We used to have that treatment in Brooklyn, at L'Amour back in the day. Even though there were two rooms, they literally booked over 15 bands every show. I specifically remember Angra playing there. They didn't take the stage until after 12:30am. It sucked.

I figure this show is going to attract a generally older demographic (as opposed to most power metal shows, which seem prone to people in my own age bracket), so I could probably show up on the later side and still manage to get pretty close to the stage.

I agree with you in part. The ones going to see Fates will almost definitely be in the older side. A few of these openers are local bands that play power metal. Myopia comes to mind. They are local to CT, and are starting to establish a decent local following. I saw them open for Sonata Arctica. It was decent with only one problem. They are 100% Sonata ripoffs. Even the vocalist's vocals AND stage outfit are exactly like Tony Kakko's. A bit annoying, though the music is decent.

I see no problem in getting close to the stage that night. You can bet your ass I'll be dead center, first row when Fates comes on.