ZP Theart and Dragonforce part ways

I haven't cared for DF since Sonic Firestorm, so this really doesn't phase me.

ZP has a great voice and I'm sure will find another band and prosper.

As for Dragonforce, they will continue to make music that sounds like video games because that's what makes them money. Maybe someday they will remember what good music is.
Either that or they so will do like Claus said and get a mixed sceamo guy. At least then, the moronic fans that try to mosh at their concerts will actually have some music to justify such stupidity.

I think they should try to get Daniel Heiman (ex-Lost Horizon) since it seems like the reunion will never happen and Heed hasnt been doing anythign either

I personally disliked his voice for DF, it just added to the reasons why I have a hard time listening to them. singer from chiodos if he doesnt off himself! just kidding, I doubt that would work out well. I really couldn't even think of another singer to fit them...I feel like with the constant quick blast beat drums they have, they would need another really powerful singer.

What gets me is the "musical differences" thing. What kind of musical differences could Dragonforce members possibly have, unless Theart just wanted to do something different from Dragonforce? In which case leaving was the right thing to do.

As for the new singer, I figure the #1 possibility would be the old singer from Power Quest, since members of Dragonforce have worked with him in the past. If they wanted to really kick ass, they'd hire Fabio Leone or Urban Breed.

Claus mentioned Kiske, which sounds impossible, but geez, that would rule.

If they want a heavier edge to the vocals, Russell Allen would work nicely. And he can handle the higher pitched stuff too.

What gets me is the "musical differences" thing. What kind of musical differences could Dragonforce members possibly have, unless Theart just wanted to do something different from Dragonforce? In which case leaving was the right thing to do.

As for the new singer, I figure the #1 possibility would be the old singer from Power Quest, since members of Dragonforce have worked with him in the past. If they wanted to really kick ass, they'd hire Fabio Leone or Urban Breed.

Claus mentioned Kiske, which sounds impossible, but geez, that would rule.

If they want a heavier edge to the vocals, Russell Allen would work nicely. And he can handle the higher pitched stuff too.

The musical differences is just a bs explanation. 9 times out of 10, that is the "reason" band members split, when in actuality it couldn't be anything further from the truth.

Russell Allen would never go to Dragonforce instead of continuing with Symphony X. That's absurd.

Russell Allen would never go to Dragonforce instead of continuing with Symphony X. That's absurd.

You're probably right given that SymX is about as big as Dragonforce these days.

I remember when I first heard Dragonforce when their first album came out I got it, and thought sounds like nothing special to me like every run through the mill power metal band. average vocals,average guitar playing,less than average song writing to me anyway, so i gave that cd away,but they got famous in the usa and that i will never understand how out of all the metal bands all over the world that one got famous here in the USA,I think they suck,and no matter who sings for them they will still do so. I'm sick of hearing about their guitar players they both are a fucking joke,truly sad to watch them try to play(but funny), I love watching the clips of them trying to play on youtube with my friends. Anyway I can't believe anyone really cares about this band.

I remember when I first heard Dragonforce when their first album came out I got it, and thought sounds like nothing special to me like every run through the mill power metal band. average vocals,average guitar playing,less than average song writing to me anyway, so i gave that cd away,but they got famous in the usa and that i will never understand how out of all the metal bands all over the world that one got famous here in the USA,I think they suck,and no matter who sings for them they will still do so. I'm sick of hearing about their guitar players they both are a fucking joke,truly sad to watch them try to play(but funny), I love watching the clips of them trying to play on youtube with my friends. Anyway I can't believe anyone really cares about this band.

Completely fucking agree. This is one of the WORST bands in recent memory to have hit it big in the metal community.

I don't get the Dragonforce hate. They have great melodies, they play well, the guitar solos are tasty and well structured(it's not just a shred fest, it's mostly harmonizing with short bursts of shredding). The only drawback to Dragonforce is the lack of variety, but they work on that with every album. It's just tough to have too much variety and still call it Dragonforce given what fans expect from them musically.

That being said, it never ceases to amuse me how prog fans will trash Dragonforce for playing fast all the time, but actually rave about the brilliance of the latest prog tour de force that has nothing but slow, depressive songs that all sound alike.

As Herman Li has said, if you hate them because they play fast, go listen to the 99% of other bands that play slow. No one does what Dragonforce does. And it must be difficult, because otherwise there would be Dragonforce clones, and as yet there are no credible Dragonforce clones out there.

How can anyone lose respect for Ripper?
I mean, he is a good vocalist, but his career has been that of a hired gun.

I seriously doubt its the type of band he would join, but I mean, does anyone really go, "Damn, that Ripper is the best vocalist ever. I have TONS of respect for what he has done"

At least Blaze has worked hard to make a name for himself beyond Maiden.

Ripper certainly has not.

I don't know how you can say that. He had to leave Priest when Halford returned. He had to leave Iced Earth when Barlow returned. And Yngvie (sp??), well, that kinda explains itself. I saw Ripper with all the above and he was AWESOME!! I would think he would settle in if he were allowed to.

I personally liked the dude's voice in DF.

Chris :headbang:

SavaVIDude - I think you missed my point.
I saw him live with Iced Earth and thought he did a great job.
I have Priest - Live Meltdown, and he does some songs a HELL of a lot better than Halford does these days (IE - Beyond The Realms Of Death)

My point is that he keeps getting "hired" instead of trying to go out on his own.
I am sure Blaze must have gotten offers after his time in Maiden was up.
I mean, I don't know this for a fact by any means, but I would guess that some bands must have hit him up.

He made a name for himself on his own following Maiden.

Can't say the same for Ripper. I mean, Yngwie, seriously???????