002 vs 003

I have The Digi 003+ (with 8 preamps) and the Profire 2626, and the Digi's pres are a million light years away more usable than the profire's who's everyone love's so much in here.
No experience with the 002, but the 003 its an awesome interface.

I have The Digi 003+ (with 8 preamps) and the Profire 2626, and the Digi's pres are a million light years away more usable than the profire's who's everyone love's so much in here.
No experience with the 002, but the 003 its an awesome interface.

Thank you.. the voice of reason.
People with little to no experience of them or anything better slag of digi interfaces/pres.
Sure they're not great.. but they're as good as any integrated pres on an interface.

Yes PT kicks arse indeed... i like it, but i would like it more with proper monitoring! ...well, i'm only angry because i have a slow computer and can track max 2 tracks at 64buffer ... so that's why im pissed.
What CPU do u have?

I used to do it like this on a mirror door G4 running 7.3 on tiger at a blazing dual 1.25 ghz! that was at 128 though. pretty sure we didnt have 64 back then!
that was 5 years ago!
I do this currently at home on my Macbook pro Dual 2.26 or on studios mac pros. record 16 tracks all day.
haven't used Tools on a Peecee in years. remember it being a nightmare.

Delete your dodgy waves plugins and reinstall Pro tools and itll run properly.
(well noted bug theat digi built in to windows version)

Rly...fuck that... so i threw some money away on that c4 ...pheeeww... will try that! Thank you! But still 128 is rly a lot for monitoring... i couldn't play guitar or bass at 128..it has a lot of latency! :\

I have an 002r and we have an Avid rep at my work. I asked if the 002 was going to be supported and the response was unfortunately no.

if this is indeed true (which i doubt) and they don't offer a good upgrade path... I will go postal.

if this is indeed true (which i doubt) and they don't offer a good upgrade path... I will go postal.

They're apparently working on other things and the 002 is viewed now as the 001 was viewed when 7.0 was released. I suppose in technology years the 002 is pretty old at this point. (it's been around about 7-8 years)

I asked a more knowledgeable person today, and he says the 002 is fine and actually has the same drivers as the 003. Now I don't know what to think.

If you're going to upgrade I would say grab a 003R+, it's pretty sweet. I have heard a lot of people slag the Digi's too, but I think they're just elitist gear snobs, so I usually shrug it off.