Pro Tools' 002 & 003 comparison

evolutions_end

now with extra avatar!
Sep 1, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
So ive got myself a 002R and a close friend of mine has a 003R.

Ive heard alot of talk about the AD/DA converters, pres and monitoring section being a whole new world in the 003 as opposed to the 002, so in the next few days im going to be 'stealing' :)D) my friends 003 off him, and doing some comparisons.

That is recording the same source through the 002 pres and 003 pres, aswell as doing a bit of re-amping and other things to really try and get the low-down on the diffference between the two.

Ill post the results if anyone is interesed, but im wondering if anyone has any ideas or requests on the best things to track in order to compare the two.

cheers!
-Phil

so i wont be able to reamp any stuff. long story. any suggestions on how i can go about recording some stuff (without playing it myself)

ive got the gear here at the moment, im going to record my CD player in my drum room. ill play the same passage of music, i wont change the mic positions, just the interface. bounce down the raw, unmixed stuff and see how it sounds!

i just need a bit of help uploading to the FTP server...never done anything like that *embarrassed*