08' releases?

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Other upcoming releases that anyone is looking forward to?
Pyramaze is easily my most anticipated release.

others would be: (all with new myspc. samples avail.-cmon Pyramaze):)
-Communic
-Steel Attack
-Heed
-Outworld

Pyramaze - Immortal
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Keldian - Journey of Souls
Iced Earth - Something Wicked Part 2
Hibria - ??? (I so hope they'd release something this year, but they don't seem to be giving that many updates)
Lost Horizon - ??? (I doubt they'll be releasing an album this year, searching for a new singer and all. Hey, at least they're recording \o/)

Iced Earth -Something Wicked Part 2
Pyramaze - Immortal
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls
Waiting on: Brother Firetribe - Heart Full of Fire
:kickass:

Hibria - ??? (I so hope they'd release something this year, but they don't seem to be giving that many updates)

Loved Hibrias debut, and just read an interview stating that they are finally finishing up details on the new cd, but no title or release date.

Loved Hibrias debut, and just read an interview stating that they are finally finishing up details on the new cd, but no title or release date.

Really? That's awesome, at least there seems to be some progress. I was just worried because there hasn't been one single "significant" update on their website since the release of Defying the Rules (except that interview you mentioned, and that was two days ago :)

Yup, both Hibria and Tad Morose have been driving me nuts with the silence :confused:. At least Hibria seems to still be alive, with TM unfortunately being almost hopeless, oh well.

Funny you mention To-mera, I just stumbled upon thier samples the other day, and they are good!
Theres only a few female fronted bands that do it for me, one similar to To-mera and worth checking out would be Angtoria. There style is more classical /gothic/ metal-less thrash, but very heavy.

Actually Iced Earth did already release "Something Wicked Part 2" in 2007.
Listen to track 15 on "Framing Armageddon" :)

(They really should use unique names for their songs and Albums.)

Actually Iced Earth did already release "Something Wicked Part 2" in 2007.
Listen to track 15 on "Framing Armageddon" :)

(They really should use unique names for their songs and Albums.)

There was Something Wicked This Way Comes (where the concept really began)

This is the actual dual concept album

Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked This Way Comes Part I)
Revelation Abomination (Something Wicked This Way Comes Part II)

I don't see how this constitutes as them not using unique album titles. You realize they have a total of eight full length albums right?

Haha, I'm sure he knows and was just playin around.

This year I'm looking forward to...
Iced Earth - Part II
Pyramaze - Immortal
Firewind - The Premonition
Rage - Carved In Stone
Seventh Wonder - TBA
Adagio - Archangels In Black (Hey guys, can we get a fuckin update on this?)
Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR (hopefully this year)
Wintersun - Time (again, hopefully this year)
Penumbra - TBA (see above)

and many others that I'm currently unaware of :)

Haha, I'm sure he knows and was just playin around.

Exactly. I`m just some kinda freaky person. lol

But I didn`t knew, that the next album was already named. (Revelation Abomination)
Don`t get me wrong: I really do like the 'Something Wicked' story. Indeed.

Well, but this is Pyramaze. And I anticipate 'Immortal' much more than Revelation Abomination, because it took me a very long time to 'accept' the vocals of that Ripper guy. The more often I listened to 'Framing Armageddon', the more I liked that album. The idea of getting used to Barlow on 'Revelation Abomination' again isn't that enjoyable 4 me. It ripes the two Albums apart, wich belong together so much. I would have liked Borlow to remain in Pyramaze for longer. Than that Ripper guy could have finished Revelation Abomination.

*OK, that will lead to flame wars!*

Please remember, that this is a Pyramaze Forum. This is not Iced Earth!

Greez,

Yuffi

Yer Super Freeeakay! Oh, sorry :D But remember, Revelation Abomination is just a working title and won't be the real title. Try looking at it this way, Part I was setting the foundation for everything, and has a mystical ancient quality that worked well with Tim...whereas Part II will be darker/heavier/more brutal (according to Jon) and will better suit Matt's vocals. So in retrospect, fans get the best of both worlds :)

Yer Super Freeeakay! Oh, sorry :D But remember, Revelation Abomination is just a working title and won't be the real title. Try looking at it this way, Part I was setting the foundation for everything, and has a mystical ancient quality that worked well with Tim...whereas Part II will be darker/heavier/more brutal (according to Jon) and will better suit Matt's vocals. So in retrospect, fans get the best of both worlds :)

Well, I read your post four times. And after the first time I thought: Hmm, Matt's vocals sounded always very warm to me. I had his voice on songs like 'Prophecy' or 'Melancholy' or 'Watching Over Me' in mind, which are very emotional, as you will surely agree.
I thought that Tim`s performance on 'something wicked (part 1)' (which I really like) was so much darker than Matt's on 'prophecy'.

But than I remembered Matt's performance on 'The dark saga'. A really great album.
And I understood: You are right. You are absolutely right, man. :worship:
If part II will be darker/heavier/more brutal, than Matt is the right man for this job. He`s such a genius, the way he can vary his voice from emotional, soft to powerful, dark.

Anyway, thank you for that post, mate. It made a lot clear to me and now I really can look forward to Revelation Abomination (working title).
(Although I`m still more the Pyramaze one. Not one single song I don`t like until now. I could list a lot Iced Earth songs I always skip while listening.)

Oh, and sorry for my bad English. I know it`s poor. :cry:

Greez,

Yuffi

Anyway, thank you for that post, mate. It made a lot clear to me and now I really can look forward to Revelation Abomination (working title).
:kickass:

Your English is fine, man...BTW, where are you from? As to Matt, I just always considered his delivery "darker and heavier" than Tim's...Matt has that deep crushing baritone to go along with the high stuff, while Tim's strength is in the mid to high registers. A good example would be Dante's Inferno...as much as I like Tim, he couldn't make that sound as evil, sinister, and brooding as Matt does. But yes, we have some good shit coming our way this year :)