1,100 Miles For CIIC/JOP

DTJeff

I Am My Nation
Oct 7, 2007
Allentown, PA
www.myspace.com
Hey. I just wanted to post here because I am officially overwhelmed with excitement right now. It is now confirmed that I will be flying 1,100 Miles to New Port Richey, FL to see the Bourbon Street gig - the first night of the Circle II Circle and Jon Oliva's Pain tour. I live in Pennsylvania, and all the gigs within hours of me were at 21+ clubs (Im 18), and there was just no way I could miss this tour. With all the Savatage stuff they'll be pulling out and the great material of their own, it's just a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone like me who never had the benefit of seeing Savatage live due to my age. While I'm down there I'll also be visiting Criss Oliva's gravesite, which is huge for me as Criss is a huge hero of mine.

Hey. I just wanted to post here because I am officially overwhelmed with excitement right now. It is now confirmed that I will be flying 1,100 Miles to New Port Richey, FL to see the Bourbon Street gig - the first night of the Circle II Circle and Jon Oliva's Pain tour. I live in Pennsylvania, and all the gigs within hours of me were at 21+ clubs (Im 18), and there was just no way I could miss this tour. With all the Savatage stuff they'll be pulling out and the great material of their own, it's just a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone like me who never had the benefit of seeing Savatage live due to my age. While I'm down there I'll also be visiting Criss Oliva's gravesite, which is huge for me as Criss is a huge hero of mine.

Congrats man! Like you, I've never had a chance to see Savatage live. It wasn't due to my age, just me simply being clueless about their music until the 2001 Poets and Madmen release. With that said, I have seen CIIC, JOP and even the WMD set at ProgPower V. Rest assured, you're in for a treat and they will pull plenty of Savatage classics out of the archives. They always do! :kickass:

~Brian~

Well, turns out I didn't actually make the trip this past week. It's a long story.

About a month ago the guys confirmed a show in Philadelphia (about an hour from me) for October 7th, and it was all-ages.... so my problem was solved. I was only going 1,100 miles because all the shows in driving distance of me here were 21+. Turns out the Philly show was canceled, and in light of that they booked a date at Allentown's "The Sterling Hotel" on October 8th. The Sterling is about 15 minutes from my house, and my band will now actually be opening the show!
Talk about a change of fortune! The Florida trip would've made for the best story, but I really couldn't afford it and was putting myself in major debt by doing it, so I presume it's working out for the best.

It's too bad they dont have the show in Yonkers for under 21 yrs old..I just got my tix yesterday...I'm 46 and dont drink..I'm so psyched to see them, Zak is one of my more recent favorite vocalists! and Manticora is awesome too!

If any of you are going to the Yonkers show let me know.

Rob
:headbang:

I will be at the show in Yonkers...I'm not exactly 21 but I talked someone into posing as my fake mom for the night. lol

I made it to the Cleveland show last weekend as well (and no, I can't afford all this...but I'll make it work)...can't wait for Thursday!

Here are some pics from the Yonkers New York show...enjoy I did! :headbang:

Click on the pic for full size view!

Zak and Me

Zak and Jon Oliva doing Savatage songs

Autographs of C II C

Zak Kicking ass:

Excellent pics. I was actually the guy (well kid, 18) who talked to you outside before the show. I originally wasn't able to go to the NY show, but after my band opened for them in Allentown the night before, the band and crew liked us so much that they insisted we come to NY the next night, and they put us on the guest list to ensure we could get in. It was a spectacular two nights.

Excellent pics. I was actually the guy (well kid, 18) who talked to you outside before the show. I originally wasn't able to go to the NY show, but after my band opened for them in Allentown the night before, the band and crew liked us so much that they insisted we come to NY the next night, and they put us on the guest list to ensure we could get in. It was a spectacular two nights.

Yes I remember you and your girlfriend were hanging out front before the show. It was an awesome show. Nice to meet Zak, Mitch, Bill, Andy and the rest also!. Plus my buddys band "Lost Legacy" was the opener for all 3 bands that night.:headbang:

Yes I remember you and your girlfriend were hanging out front before the show. It was an awesome show. Nice to meet Zak, Mitch, Bill, Andy and the rest also!. Plus my buddys band "Lost Legacy" was the opener for all 3 bands that night.:headbang:

Well, she's my sister, not my girlfriend, but it's all good.

My band actually just played with Lost Legacy like 2 weeks ago here in Allentown. It was a great show.