1-19-04 What Doesnt Die Video Shoot

Canthraxadian

Museum of Anthrax.
Dec 29, 2003
In a house by the beach
UNFUCKENBELIEVABLE. That is how I would describe last night. A dream come true for any ANthrax fan. I arrived at The Ambassador Hotel at noon (after a quick burger with LordLindsey who flew in from Detroit to attend). This hotel is the hotel where Bobby Kennedy was assassinated by Sihan Sirhan in the 60s, and also home to the famous COconut Grove nightclub. The hotel had a very creepy feel to it in the air (possibly due to the fact that it is haunted).

Anyway, Scott and John arrived at noon, and posed for pictures with all. Very cool. Then it was hurry up and wait. They picked the main zombies, and the background zombies and it was makeup time. The whole process of doing makeup on 20 zombies took untill 4pm. The whole band arrived by 1230, and milled around with everyone, signing stuff, posing for pictures (thank god no one listened to the no camera rule). It was vey cool.

Shooting started, they had a big moshpit behind Charlies drum riser as the band went into What Doesnt Die. They shot it over and over and over agin. Basically it is a big lip sinc fake playing but make it believable thing.

I am not going to ruin the video, but it is going to be fucken amazing once it was done. Got to meet Brian Poshen, he is a great guy. Went out of his way to be a great guy.

At ther end the director raffled off 4 (fake, movie prop) amps 2 Scotts, 2 Robs. The whole band signed them, and the people who won them were estatic. I ended up getting the neck from Scotts guitar signed from the whole band.

Look for this video to be out in a few months. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me, I met some really amazing people yesterday that I will never forget. The day ended at 2 am, and I didnt get home till 430 due to a 2 hour drive back to San Diego. Even thoug the day was basically 16 hours it was to short.

I want to thank Charlie, and his wife Sandra for spoiling me all weekend. C&S you are the two best people in the world, and I love you both. LordLindsey (aka Gary2) it was a pleasure meeting you, I hope to see you again sometime. Ansd it was kller to meet Steve. If

If I knew how to post pics on here I would post a few, so if anyone can tell me how I will.

off to take another nap
Canthraxadian :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Reactions: Metal Maiden
I saw Scott and John when they pulled in with John's black mustang. Got to say hey to them and saw two guys take pics with them. Glad everyone had a good time and I'm sorry I had to leave the shoot early. Oh well it sucks to be me. Meeting Louiefatterson was cool. Wish him luck on today's surgery.

Reactions: bRaTpRiNcEsS
DarbysDad said:
I saw Scott and John when they pulled in with John's black mustang. Got to say hey to them and saw two guys take pics with them. Glad everyone had a good time and I'm sorry I had to leave the shoot early. Oh well it sucks to be me. Meeting Louiefatterson was cool. Wish him luck on today's surgery.

After reading your escription I now know who you are. It was me and lordlindsey getting our pics with Scott and John (we were both wearing the Pentanthrax Shirts). Wish we could have met up.

Sorry about that. I had a feeling you were from the board. Are you still going to Maiden. I am still going to the Jan 31st show with my wife. Maybe we could grab a beer. Anyway you guys got to work on Charlies Drum kit right?

DarbysDad said:
Sorry about that. I had a feeling you were from the board. Are you still going to Maiden. I am still going to the Jan 31st show with my wife. Maybe we could grab a beer. Anyway you guys got to work on Charlies Drum kit right?

Yep that was I.

It depends what your looking at :lol: I know John's got tassles too. :D Did you ever see him in the Huey Lewis and the News video for "Heart of Rock and Roll".