Anthrax @ The Palace 25/04

I don´t get it too. When I last saw Anthrax in Germany, Inside Out sure got the biggest response from the crowd. The pit was killer.

I've also seen Inside Out get huge responses. I'm guessing they're actually playing more older material now than they did in 1994. I love the old stuff too, but when are we going to get to hear the newer songs? Iron Maiden was playing 6 songs off Dance of Death last time around, if I am not mistaken. Two of those songs are over 8 minutes too. Oh well, if we are happy with the set, someone else won't be. Can't please everyone.

I agree...I'll never quite understand the lack of Bush material in the setlists. I'm sorry, but album tracks such as Bell Of The Beast & Be All End All have no place in an Anthrax show in 2003-04 with Bush singing. Especially when he has equally good or better album tracks on his own 'Thrax albums (ie P&V, Crus, King Size to name a few.) My gut is that most people going to see Anthrax at this point have their new stuff, and aren't stuck in 1990, wanting to hear POT era stuff.

Thoughts.

Belly of the Beast has every right to be in the Anthrax set list, its a damn good song. Would I like to hear more new stuff live? Hell yes, but good music is good music. I'm much more of a Bush-era fan than a Belladonna-era fan, and while I'd like to hear more new stuff live, I don't expect them to abandon their old stuff that kicks ass.

hootchietoad said:
I agree...I'll never quite understand the lack of Bush material in the setlists. I'm sorry, but album tracks such as Bell Of The Beast & Be All End All have no place in an Anthrax show in 2003-04 with Bush singing. Especially when he has equally good or better album tracks on his own 'Thrax albums (ie P&V, Crus, King Size to name a few.) My gut is that most people going to see Anthrax at this point have their new stuff, and aren't stuck in 1990, wanting to hear POT era stuff.

Thoughts.
I think Bush kicks ass on those songs, BUT, you take those two, plus Got the Time and Antisocial, then 7 minutes of Keep It In the Family, then 2 or 3 songs from Among the Living, and perhaps a song from Spreading and/or Fistful, usually Bring the Noise/Whiplash, and there aren't many more songs to add.

Bush addressed it in the interview he did with Metal Exiles when he compared Anthrax to Slayer and said fans would rather hear "Angel Of Death" than new Slayer songs.
Someone send him a memo telling him he's wrong, will ya?
Oh and I thought Safe Home sounded great live in Adelaide.

CyThrax said:
Belly of the Beast has every right to be in the Anthrax set list, its a damn good song. Would I like to hear more new stuff live? Hell yes, but good music is good music. I'm much more of a Bush-era fan than a Belladonna-era fan, and while I'd like to hear more new stuff live, I don't expect them to abandon their old stuff that kicks ass.

well said. There is no way they should drop the old school. A good fair mix will keep everyone happy