10/5 Katatonia Ghent

Mariner

all the way
Dec 30, 2001
Belgium
okay so. we set a meeting point up at the parking under the bridge when youre entering the centre coming from the highway(s). thatll be at 2 oclock in the afternoon. just follow the black lines showed on the maps.

If everybody put his name below as well so I know who I can expect. and where and when :)

Gent.jpg

Gente17.jpg

Gentbrug.jpg

Now keep in mind you need to take the right road when entering ghent. do not follow 'ghent centre' or you will end up at the wrong place ;) just drive down the bridge, go straight ahead at the lights and after +/-150 meters take a road to the left (underneath a bridge, the tarp has sprung a leak, and the animals... oh yeah oops) on the right there is a parking :)

Next is a map for the venue ;) in case you cant or wont make it in the afternoon :p The black cross is da place ;) should be there somewhere

eland.jpg

woooooo
als je vd E17 komt rij je gent binnen en neemt de rechtse afslag. (links (gent centrum) komt recht op de Zuid uit)
ad lichten (kleine ring) links naar heuvelpoort, rechts naar dampoort, rechtdoor naar Zuid. dus beetje rechtdoor en dan links. rechts is die parking.

Pieter zijt ge aan't zeveren of niet? Want als gij een meeting point opzet, gaat gij dan ni den enigste zijn die daar is? En dan nog wel om 2 uur! Ik kom wel, maar tegen da de eerste groep begint (ik weet eigenlijk ni eens wanneer da is, gij wel?)

Katatonia was cool, the sound was not really excellent though, but that's probably because we were right in front of the stage.

Hey did that friend of yours look like a 17th century gravekeeper with a black hat, strange beard, a cigar, black costume and a walking stick with a golden knob? :D
That's about the only person I remember :p And the best thing is that Pieter took a picture of it.

if i knew he was there i would have said hello....

the gig was great. though i enjoyed old dead tree more

Yes, it's him! :)

The sound was really crappy in Budapest, I could say the crappiest sounding gig I've been to (or one of them anyway). The funny thing about this whole Katatonia thing is that a lot of my friends said it was really great when it wasn't, and when I told them I thought it was bad, they got hurt as if I was scorning Katatonia.

btw, I left my keys in the cinema tonight :( I'm the crappiest.