10 Awesome Tricks to Try in Your Next Mix!

Brilliant article.

Not only is it very accurate, it's also written with a lot of respect towards the reader ; well explained yet simple
to understand, without the tiring rants and cocky crap so many others include.

It was a pleasure to read.

Cheers
Than

I wouldn't call checking the phase a trick. It's something you have to do.

True, but on the other hand it's something that"s quite overlooked when beginning, so I can't harm to say it again in my opinion!

Hey guys, thanks for the kind comments!

Burny - I agree completely that phase aligning is an absolute must and not really a trick, but I wanted to include it simply because there are so many beginners starting out that don't even know that it's thing until a year or two into their mixing careers.

Part 2 of this blog is coming out within the next week or so.

Stay tuned!

i don´t think it´s a "must". In fact I thought about aligning all the drum tracks on my own band´s record, and did not.
I already had "delay samples" done for each track, which I could put at the start of the project for every song, and then add the recorded tracks behind them. But it sounds cooler without that, so I left it all un-aligned.

However, in many cases it´s a good thing to do, and one should definitely know how it´s done :)

The blog is great, visually well done and well written. Easy to understand, without keeping it too basic