10 Best albums 2002?

Mariner

all the way
Dec 30, 2001
Belgium
In fact I was waiting for someone to open this thread... :)
These are mine, in order i guess
1. Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence :headbang:
2. Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame (surprise!)
3. Opeth - Deliverance
4. Pearl Jam - Riot Act
5. Sentenced - The Cold White Light (thx Mehdi)
6. Tiamat - Judas Christ
7. Korn - Untouchables (aye! dont piss me off :mad: )
8. Theatre of Tragedy - Assembly (you could know)
9. System of a Down - Steal this Album
10. Soulfly - 3 (good but dissapointing, some serious mistakes made on that album, esp Enterfaith)

I'm probably getting old as I didn't buy as many albums I used to and most of them are old shit. No way I can form a top 10. Few suggestions in no particular order:

Pearl Jam: Riot Act
Weeping Willows: Into the Light
Kuusumun Profeetta: Jatkuvasti maailmaa pelastamaan kyllästynyt supersankari

+ Antimatter: Saviour (yes i know it wasn't originally released this year but what the heck)

"m probably getting old as I didn't buy as many albums I used to and most of them are old shit."

amen hallelujah and hear hear...us old people know best. Any band that was'nt aroud when I was twenty three are shit. this is a scientific fact.

Great Thread, come on Duncan, tell us at least one good, haha

01. Rock in Rio IRON MAIDEN
02. Weiland EMPYRIUM
03. Comalies LACUNA COIL
04. Genesis ROTTING CH.
05. Live in Midgard THERION
06. The Voice of the Wretched MY DYING BRIDE
07. Volcano SATYRICON
08. Symbol of Life PARADISE LOST
09. Deliverance OPETH
10. Visions from the Spiral Generator VINTERSORG
Bonus Track:
11. A Dream for the Blind EP ANTIMATTER

:)

Queens of the stone age- Songs for the deaf

Everything else is just not necessary at all...

songs for the deaf is shit . veiland is shit, deliverance is nuthing special (cept that rawk solo in there) nor is voices of the whinging.
anything lacuna coil do is shit. new music is shit . you'se were all born too late. that is all

well most of the good things i heard this year are good oldie stuff i've been a bit late to get to know ... but still i'd say for the 2002 releases :
the gathering - black light district EP
paradise lost - symbol of life
Nine Inch Nails - and all that could have been
Ulver - lyckantropen

cant think of any more now ...

This is a delicate thread
I'm not thinking in years, but what I listened to a lot this year was :
Saviour. Antimatter
Light of day, day of darkness. Green Carnation
Martyre. Saturnus
Calm before storm. Primordial
Spirit the earth aflame. Primordial
Folk-lore. Cruachan
The pass in time. Cales
De nachten. sophia (one member of the God Machine)
Bath/Leaving your body map.Maudlin of the well

And if I should have bought it already maybe Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Opeth and Porcupine Tree but that will be later
Vera

the god machine ruled so maybe something decent did come out this year..is it yer man the singer ?? [/QUOTE]

Yeah it's Robin Proper-Sheppard with his new group and their
music is a mix of introvert 'chansons' and the wall of sound of
the great God Machine
They have 3 cd's until now : Fixed water, The infinite circle and
(live) De nachten
Sheppard has a punky side project too which is called The May
Queens
Worth checking out:)

Originally posted by Bambi
songs for the deaf is shit . veiland is shit, deliverance is nuthing special (cept that rawk solo in there) nor is voices of the whinging.
anything lacuna coil do is shit. new music is shit . you'se were all born too late. that is all

Sometimes you guys are a bit annoying...
I mean you say the scene today is shit because in the 80's there were better bands, but if there are bands who are bringing up something new, it's shit as well
Esp. Opeth (you're not shitting on them, ok) Rhapsody (who did/does something similiar before them) Lacuna Coil did (as one of the first bands with clean vocals in the gothicscene) in fact even Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Deftones, Korn, Fear Factory and perhaps other NUmetalbands are bringing something new.

Originally posted by Mariner
Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Deftones, Korn, Fear Factory and perhaps other NUmetalbands are bringing something new.
Fear Factory a NUmetalband? I don't think so.

Originally posted by Har*
Fear Factory a NUmetalband? I don't think so.
ah you know, people are throwing everything together, i don't really try to do as well, they're from the same place/time so that fits anyway. But you're right FF isn't NU, as well for Slipknot
please don't start a 'Nu or not'discussion here, because that's not the my point.
Maybe in another thread?

Lacuna Coil did (as one of the first bands with clean vocals in the gothicscene)

ehhh suzie and the banshees AND the sisters of mercy were doing goth with clean vocals a decade or two ago. If yer taking about gothic metal then danzig the cult and fukk knows who else did it about ten years ago too.

If you mean "the first to use clean vocals in the 2nd wave of euro goffick metal" or whatever then it just proves how unoriginal they are..

I'm only taking the piss most of the time but there are very metal acts out there who are'nt just reheating what went before them,...

Originally posted by Bambi
ehhh suzie and the banshees AND the sisters of mercy were doing goth with clean vocals a decade or two ago. If yer taking about gothic metal then danzig the cult and fukk knows who else did it about ten years ago too.

If you mean "the first to use clean vocals in the 2nd wave of euro goffick metal" or whatever then it just proves how unoriginal they are..

I'm only taking the piss most of the time but there are very metal acts out there who are'nt just reheating what went before them,...
ah, but we're mixing things up, that 2nd wave for you is for me entirely different, it's new.
And there were really bands like LC 20 years ago :yow: ? Don't think so, there was hardly any metal end 70s begin 80s, certainly no gothmetal.

Originally posted by Mariner
ah you know, people are throwing everything together, i don't really try to do as well, they're from the same place/time so that fits anyway. But you're right FF isn't NU, as well for Slipknot
please don't start a 'Nu or not'discussion here, because that's not the my point.
Maybe in another thread?
That kind of thread would be pointless. Why i even bothered to make the FF comment is above me. They've been around longer than the other bands you mentioned so it was probably because of that. And whole 'NUmetal' thing is as diverse as the term 'Grunge' used to be.

But all of this is so obvious that I'd better stop. Cheers.