10 Favorite NOVELS?

If I would have know Dick Sirloin was BWD, I would have posted here a long time ago. Are you still majoring in English, Dick.

I really can't put together a list of my top 10. In college I was really into Hemingway and a bunch of that type of stuff that they teach you in classes. But now I pretty much read whatever I feel like. I read Dan Simmons a while ago. I read some non-fiction stuff. I mostly just look for something that interests me. But I just can't stand bad writing. I started reading The Historian a while ago (based on all kinds of good press), and I about VOMITED. That author SUCKS!

Anyway . . .

I like character based novels.

i dont know how you guys can have the wherewithall to even pick up a book, much less read it. apparently, unlike myself, you are maintaining your intelligence.
a good quote from my brother when he was my age: "i used to be pretty smart but now i pick up a book i read, in say, kindergarten, and im like, 'uuhhhhh....' "
maybe it's genetic.

Nate The Great said:
If I would have know Dick Sirloin was BWD, I would have posted here a long time ago. Are you still majoring in English, Dick.

Absolutely, hombre. And tack on a creative writing minor! :cool:

And no, I don't ever plan on getting a job... o_O

Dick Sirloin said:
And no, I don't ever plan on getting a job... o_O
haha. shit! my friend has a MASTERS in english and ended up working in a bookstore for a whole three months before she started having babies. now her husband is stuck with the school loans of a very expensive school. haha, i think thats shitty.
bookstore for fucks sake.

I'll just have to write the defining masterpiece of the 21st century...

or just whore myself and write crappy suspense novels...

And I'll have an english degree and sit around in a doublewide eating Beenie Weenies.

my wifes whole family went to and taught at harvard, MIT, and other high-brow schools. i am a Xenia redneck who commuted to wright state. i fit right in.

and the reason I'm getting a culinary arts degree is so that in our post-apocalyptic future I'll have a good idea of what parts of the radioactive mutant horses to prepare in a most tasty way

dude, you can always write hard boiled detective novels like Dan Simmons does when he's not turning out landmark scifi fantasy stuff like Hyperion.

n56105.jpg

lizard said:
dude, you can always write hard boiled detective novels like Dan Simmons does when he's not turning out landmark scifi fantasy stuff like Hyperion.

n56105.jpg

Huhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhhhuhhhuhuhuhuhuh....

"nails".

Dan Brown.
on a cross-atlantic flight my wife read the davinci code. i remeber her saying each chapter got progressively worse.
we land back in the states and all i hear is, "man, you GOTTA read the davinci code. it based on TRUFTH!" man, Americans can grate on you after awhile.