10 Favorite NOVELS?

Nate The Great said:
I have a degree in Creative Writing, and I'm a farmer.
Chromatose, change of plans, we're moving in with Nate. Get your milkin' buckets ready.

College is about women, beer, and women drunk on beer.
Well... yah!

dorian gray said:
Dan Brown.
on a cross-atlantic flight my wife read the davinci code. i remeber her saying each chapter got progressively worse.
we land back in the states and all i hear is, "man, you GOTTA read the davinci code. it based on TRUFTH!" man, Americans can grate on you after awhile.

I read Angels & Demons years ago, long before the Dan Brown/DaVinci Code overfluffing came about. Now THAT was as great book, or at least very entertaining.

I forgot to add Hemingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Sun Also Rises." I loved both of those many moons ago.

lurch70 said:
that's another one I have here ... Name of the Rose got lumped into similar reviews with DaVinci Code.

Except where Dan Brown patches together esoteric fuss, Eco actually writes books, and his take on esoterics is allegedly a big joke. I hate this DaVinci Code, sorry ;)

John Irving - A Prayer For Owen Meany

Great book, almost mentioned it myself.
thumbsup2wb.gif

... :lol:

Nate The Great said:
College is about women, beer, and women drunk on beer.
you forgot 4-foot bongs. but yeah, what i can actually do with a hispanic studies degree i may never find out :erk:

another excellent, and very forum-appropriate book:
zombie survival guide
read all 200-some pages in uh, one evening if memory serves. it's a fast read.

heh. My college is about sodomizing the students with tests and skills exams daily.

Seriously, today we got to learn about 45 commands (not including variants of the command for assorted protocols) surrounding a complex concept. We had a quiz on it 45 minutes after lecture and we have a skills exam tomorow morning.

edit: and thats just my afternoon class

at least you're learning something relevant

something tells me in my first post-college interview they won't be asking me about the characteristics of regionalism in early-20th century latin american literature

true enough.

My job interviews will mostly be about my personality, they know that coming out of BCIT I know my shit backwards, forwards, upsidedown and while being sodomized by a giant blackman named John.

no one said Shogun by James Clavell yet. read it, jerks. awesome story about how japs are crafty bastards that are always out to fuck everyone else over on their way to the top! they are very polite about it though.

neal said:
no one said Shogun by James Clavell yet. read it, jerks. awesome story about how japs are crafty bastards that are always out to fuck everyone else over on their way to the top! they are very polite about it though.

I loved Shogun but his book Tai Pan was better. :)

@Mormagil: haha, whats so funny about my hometown? you dare mock the city of hospitality?

arent you from urbana or some shit? i seem to remember some kind of ohio connection.

i knew it was something like that.
dayton rulez.
ehh....not really but theres a cool disc golf park in kettering.