100 Most Metal moments a crock of shit.

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
The Varg and Euronymus incident (Mayhem) only made #69 on the "100 Most Metal moments."

of 100.

#1? some benefit concert with Dio.

Euronymous found Dead dead, took photos, supposedly cooked his brain in a stew, wore part of his SKULL, Varg shoots him later thinking Euronymous is more evil than him, elopes his vacation last year and hijacks a car... and it only makes sixty fucking NINE?

VH1 blows. :erk:

I think the number one metal moment ever was when James Hetfield got AIDS and died back in 1988, so they went to the military to create a clone to replace him. It worked awhile, albeit poorly in the musical sense, but good economically (He certainly paid off the price of his creation) but then he went haywire and started writing country-metal songs.

Hellspawn and I have been watching it.

I was throughly surprised to see Mayhem and Gorgoroth on it ... but I don't see how getting arrested from covering your stage in lamb's blood during a concert in Vatican City is more "metal" than eating the brains of your bands lead singer, then getting killed by another guy in your band because you were more metal than him...

Yeah, VH1 sucks, but I guess they deserve some props for showing stuff on bands that they've never played in their history. Did Dee Snider even know who Gorgoroth was before seeing a segment about them on the countdown he's hosting? I seriously doubt it...

And they showed Peter Steele in Playgirl. That gets extra points for making Darkspot really horny.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
And they showed Peter Steele in Playgirl. That gets extra points for making Darkspot really horny.
...have you seen all the pics yet? :tickled:
if not, i'm gonna make you REALLY HORNY.