101 Rules of Power Metal

i love power metal. I'm in a power/thrash band. WOOO!!!

<3 manowar

SOUND THE CHARGE, INTO GLORY RIIIDE
OVER THE TOP OF THEIR VANQUISHED PRIDE
BY MOONLIGHT WE RIIIIIIDE
TEN THOUSAND SIIIIDE BY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounded more like old school heavy metal/thrash to me.... I liked it! Singer into Halford much? Just curious, sounds like he is. Are you practicing yet or do they still have to move ?
----------

hammerfall ey ? Ill have to check that album out.
----------

I hear a huge difference between SX and power metal but it sounds like its just me. Still doesnt explain why I dig SX so much and get a funny look on my face when trying some power metal band.

sounded more like old school heavy metal/thrash to me.... I liked it! Singer into Halford much? Just curious, sounds like he is. Are you practicing yet or do they still have to move ?
----------

Thanks man. yeah, he loves halford (has a hilarious story about meeting halford, but that'll be for another time). And they've been in Seattle for about a year and just parted ways with their bassist, so i've been in the band practicing with them for about a month.

hammerfall ey ? Ill have to check that album out.
----------

Hammerfall is the EPITOME of power metal... just be aware. They are cheesy (not as cheesy as, say, manowar) but not really in a funny way. Like i said, i love the first album and their other albums aren't a ton different (except threshold... skip that one), but they are definitely the joke of the power metal scene.

This is the 102th rule.

Does anyone else find it at least a little ironic in a corny way that the song is "Hearts on Fire" but it's a Winter sport? Seriously, wouldn't their hearts melt the ice or something? That would make it kinda difficult to... um... is it "to curl" or "to play curling"? Seriously, what the fuck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that supposed to be a joke or were they serious about it?

I can't see the vid at work, but harris said it's the heart's on fire vid with the swedish woman's curling team. It's a real vid if that's the question... they made it as a promotional thing for the olympic swedish woman's curling team. Of course, they are obviously having fun with the whole concept and the ridiculousness of it all. First time i've ever seen HammerFall poke fun at themselves...

One friend actually played a Manowar song at my buddies funeral. I liked it, it was fitting but thats all I ever heard of them. Yep, we had a Heavy Metal burial. Only thing I didnt do that I really wanted was - I wanted a broad sword to shove in the ground before I recited the thing I wrote.

This dude was big time into medieval, fantacy & mythology. Writing epic songs, I could have killed him at first before I adapted, it took so long to figure out what he wanted and memorize the changes, but I loved every minute of it. He had note books and note books possibly nearing one hundred, he left them all over the county so no one really knows, full of writings and scetches of swords and all things metal. His primary bands however were Maiden and John Arch Fates Warning, not what I would consider power metal. He had a tee shirt that said "No job, no car, but Im in a band" and that was nearly true of how he lived his life. He was all about the music.