11/6 DT chat technical help

Melancholia the unchatting one :rolleyes:

Well, my IE seems to behave a bit better today, I was able to stay in the room for quite some time and even register, but nothing's sure yet, and the danger of an undelayable format before 11/6 gets nearer and nearer... :s

Alfred (to the distant horizon)

Originally posted by Alfred
Well, my IE seems to behave a bit better today, I was able to stay in the room for quite some time and even register, but nothing's sure yet, and the danger of an undelayable format before 11/6 gets nearer and nearer... :s

man the cannons! cannon the men! batter down the hatches and resist the evil army of format for two more days. help will come when you least expect it to (so, not now :p ).

rahvin. (lumber will come soon)

Originally posted by tiamat
maby we have to moderate this chat

last time dt members had a chat online, users were voiced/devoiced three by three so that they could take turns asking questions. it worked, maybe you could try with this same method...
thanks for logging the chat. could you send it to me at rahvin22@tin.it once you have it all, so that i can post it here as a new thread? or maybe you'd like to do it yourself. in any case, thanks in advance. :)

rahvin.

Yeah, let's see how many people there are. Last time DT were on a chat there were literally hundreds there, and it would have been total chaos without mods. I think the best idea is for people who ask for a chance to speak be given one on turn, with a certain number always having that possibility, so the band doesn't get swamped with too many questions too fast, and nobody getting answers.

Originally posted by tiamat
its very simple, our moderated chat..
the user aks, and the tow moderators see the questions and only they give the questions free....
and then, you will see the question

best idea i think

Are you saying the only way to get questions through is for the moderator to ask them instead of you? I don't think that is a very good idea at all. It totally removes the personal interaction between fans and the band, and makes the whole process slower and cumbersome.

Originally posted by Ormir
Are you saying the only way to get questions through is for the moderator to ask them instead of you? I don't think that is a very good idea at all. It totally removes the personal interaction between fans and the band, and makes the whole process slower and cumbersome.

no, you ask normally in the chat, but no one see the questions except the moderator. the mod gives the questions free and the other user and the dt members see the question. so the dt members can answer you and you see the answer.....

you understand?

I noticed the chat updates every now and then, and posts a complete list of the current members. If there are dozens of people online, I would imagine this could be quite disruptive to conversation if the member list is posted constantly? Any way to reduce the frequency, or turn it off altogether?

To all it concerns: the chat has begun and the DT guys are here. Hope we see more people from the forum join us.