Well he could always go the woke route with Violet Cold.

Nationalists make better music than wokesters or ol' beelzebub

Vintersorg - ALL
Hednaorden (The Heathen Order)

In the echoes of the pride of our fathers
Our heathen order is arming itself to fight
Against the weak brothers of christ

A sacrifice to the honour of the Gods
Now hammer blows resound over the sky
In reverence we pay tribute to our ancestry

With the trembling power of the raven king
And strengthened by the mead's sweetness
We shall fight and kill
The weak-hearted companions of heaven

Heathen in the heart's blood
Our bodies boil with fighting spirit and anger
Our march of victory sweeps over Svea Rike

[...]

Halberd and sharpened steel
Drenched in the thin blood of christian men
Our Worship of Nature unites Faith and Action
And the Fall of heaven is our Salvation

Reactions: MFJ
Glad to have received such a predictably mature reception.

There are two points to these threads: The first is to find some good music you haven't heard about if you're one of the many people who says that it's the music that matters to them and that they aren't bothered by lyrics (such as those that have references to Christianity). The second is to actually be helpful by recommending bands in the styles of music that I'm looking for that I may not know about and that fit some basic criteria.

I really couldn't care less if you have an issue with my criteria because you all have your own (some of which I find equally ridiculous). If you're here to nitpick my criteria then you're just wasting your time. It's a joke to act like there's a problem with a person following their convictions because they don't match your convictions. Satan is a lot more offensive to me than right-wing politics. I don't see anything wrong with the concept of nationalistic metal and if that offends your leftist secular humanist values then too bad for you. Despite the echo chambers some of you live in, not everyone shares your worldview.

When someone puts this kind of time into something that is intended to actually get us sharing music on this forum in a way that could be very helpful to us all and asks for some basic reciprocation, it shouldn't be that hard to check your petty nonsense at the door and participate like adults instead of sniping and starting an argument about all of this garbage that really isn't the point at all.

P.S. I should have specified that I have the Vintersorg full-lengths and not the EP (guess what - Vintersorg grew up!). If you would get past your childish sniping at me, you could actually be a great resource here Erik. If you're not inclined to be, then there's really no reason to be in this thread (as you said you would stay out of them previously).

Well he could always go the woke route with Violet Cold.

Nationalists make better music than wokesters or ol' beelzebub

That's really what gets me. It's hilarious that so many metalheads are fine with lyrics about every sort of degeneracy, violence, and evil under the sun but white people that are proud of their heritage are too much for them. That's the ONLY thing that's beyond the pale in Metal lyrics (well except maybe having a positive view of Jesus Christ). Listening to music about ripping babies apart, raping women, having sex with goats, killing yourself, defiling religious figures, torturing and dissecting people, and every SJW cuck flavor of the day (gay Muslim refugees welcome!) is fine though. Red and Anarchist Black Metal ist Krieg! Go join Antifa and protest Taake concerts.

When someone puts this kind of time into something that is intended to actually get us sharing music on this forum in a way that could be very helpful to us all and asks for some basic reciprocation
have you considered that maybe to most people it comes across less as helpful and more as annoying proselytizing and you attempting to force your values into spaces where they don't belong and onto people who don't care or worse? i don't think anyone is going to thank you for spending a lot of time and effort on threads that no one asked for because not a single soul gives a shit about ChRiStiAn BlAcK MeTaL except those that are afraid of big bad boo-boo satan.

i will never understand your criteria for choosing what's okay either. i helpfully alerted you that vintersorg has written songs about killing christians en masse and erasing your kind and faith from sweden. but that's okay because that was an OLD album, right? surely he doesn't want you dead anymore? so okay, you get to pick and choose which bands you listen to because the particular album you listen to doesn't talk about killing christians and burning churches. like you can somehow listen to "hammerheart" and be fine with that (never fucking mind what "one rode to asa bay" is about) and then you go off into la-la land and pretend like "crosstitution" didn't happen a few years later. i don't fucking get it.

why wouldn't you listen to burzum for instance then? he has written like maybe three lines in his entire career that are explicitely anti-christian. oh? what's that? you mean the anti-christian mentality permeates his entire work to such an extent that it is impossible to ignore despite not really ever being said out loud? huh. maybe it's like that with some other artists, too? like... no... couldn't be...

also lol @ you being immediately triggered enough to write a 5000 word novel about how everyone is a "leftist cuck" because someone mentioned nationalism in a thread

no one gives a single solitary shit about your butthurt weeping and wailing and no one here is even slightly like your strawman idea of antifa metal or whatever you have dreamt up in your fragile little circlejerk safespace of a mind. we collectively voted nokturnal mortum and burzum to the top 4 of the decade for crying out loud. get real.

Last edited:
Reactions: NAD and MFJ
Hey by the way, I have always enjoyed Drudkh. That should be a surprise to absolutely no one. Just saying:

79da1c9b5e4a4abbb755994b9cfb57a0.jpeg.webp

Reactions: NAD
Erik, if you think that sharing the music I think is good and specifically asking for music from other perspectives is "proselytizing" then that says more about your insecurities than my intentions. Your childish defensiveness about anything related to Christianity indicates that you have an attitude toward Christ that is far more petty and sensitive than my aversion to "big bad boo-boo satan."

Also, don't pretend you came in here to be helpful. It's100% your M.O. to troll and then when you get called out on it to act like you're innocent. You've done it in practically every thread I've made that has anything to do with Christian Metal (to the extent of purposefully posting blasphemous material in my thread in order to offend me).

As I said, I really couldn't care less what you think about my criteria. If you really think Andreas Hedlund is for killing all Christians then by all means live in that delusion. The fact that I'm open to some criticism of my beliefs should actually be lauded by people like you. Despite having certain boundaries that I think are reasonable, I don't act like everything produced by non-Christians has cooties like you do with Christians.

Just because I used exaggeration in my response to J. (which is actually true about many in the metal scene generally if not this forum in particular) doesn't mean that there is no substance to the criticism. Jerry may not have articulated it well, but he was on to something, and it was his frustration with this that led him to leave the forum (which no one seems to care about). There is very much an RC hivemind and it's not just about musical styles but also general outlook on the world. Most of the posters here are politically progressive/left leaning. There seems to be a general congruence of opinion on current events (see any conversation about covid) that creates a sort of echo chamber. Most of the posters here are not obnoxious about it because they are just sharing what they think but you always manage to be petty, smug, arrogant, and self-righteous. The point I was making is that this environment quickly confirms "acceptable" opinions but finds contrary ones almost inexplicable. Thus Max's comment (whether trolling or not) about my beliefs somehow being hypocritical or contradictory when that comment would probably not be made towards others (despite the often ridiculous criteria most metalheads hold about acceptable lyrics). It's the same sort of environment that I've encountered in academia where there's a certain range of opinions that are OK and anyone outside of that has to be on the defensive and is susceptible to being met with a range of opinions from confusion to mocking (mostly by you). I generally refrain from political conversations because I simply don't want to deal with it. It's an element that is present in the forum, I just think most of you don't recognize that it's there. There are many more features of this board and the camaraderie here that I find enjoyable and so I simply ignore it.

I also find it ironic that you accuse me of having "a litle circlejerk safespace of a mind" when you never state opinions that would be controversial in the mainstream of your own society and when I'm the one who is a Christian on a Metal message board that is often antagonistic to my beliefs while you preside over the council of the oompa loompas that affirm that you are King of Acceptable Opinions. If anyone is dwelling in a safe space it's you.

It really is better that we just avoid each other as much as possible because half of the time our interactions lead to this (and, I would point out, it almost always starts with you trolling me about something related to Christianity).

Last edited:
Erik, if you think that sharing the music I think is good and specifically asking for music from other perspectives is "proselytizing" then that says more about your insecurities than my intentions.
"asking for music from other perspectives", lmfao, who the fuck do you think you are kidding

other perspectives that just barely fit within your narrow little life and are unoffensive enough that you don't feel threatened. cool. why do you expect anyone to want to play by those rules? you're like a vegan waltzing into a steak restaurant, demanding the world, and making a big fucking stink that there's nothing there for you

no, it's a steak restaurant. that's the point of it. we don't serve vegan food. go elsewhere.

Also, don't pretend you came in here to be helpful. It's100% your M.O. to troll and then when you get called out on it to act like you're innocent. You've done it in practically every thread I've made that has anything to do with Christian Metal (to the extent of purposefully posting blasphemous material in my thread in order to offend me).
of course i come in here to offend you and make you angry and try to make you not enjoy music you previously did enjoy. yes, i'm trolling you. but that does not mean i'm not ALSO helpful. you asked for music that is not "blasphemous" and anti-christian.

i mean, i speak swedish, you don't. therefore i can help you avoid bands that would rather kill you and your kind with swords or burn your temples. i even translated it just for you. very helpful.

As I said, I really couldn't care less what you think about my criteria.
yet you think everyone else should make an effort to consider them very carefully as to not offend you with "blasphemy"? how much research do you think it is appropriate that we do before we post recommendations? if you're gonna lay down criteria, at least be fucking consistent about it.

The fact that I'm open to some criticism of my beliefs should actually be lauded by people like you. Despite having certain boundaries that I think are reasonable, I don't act like everything produced by non-Christians has cooties like you do with Christians.
oh i read and watch and listen to a lot of stuff produced by christians, and i, too, have reasonable boundaries: i think that "christian black metal" in particular is the #1 dumbest shit ever thought up in the history of the world

I also find it ironic that you accuse me of having "a litle circlejerk safespace of a mind" when you never state opinions that would be controversial in the mainstream of your own society and when I'm the one who is a Christian on a Metal message board that is often antagonistic to my beliefs while you preside over the council of the oompa loompas that affirm that you are King of Acceptable Opinions. If anyone is dwelling in a safe space it's you.

It really is better that we just avoid each other as much as possible because half of the time our interactions lead to this (and, I would point out, it almost always starts with you trolling me about something related to Christianity).
1) "i'm not living in a safe space, it's u"
2) "we should avoid each other because you just keep trolling me" (and by "trolling" you mean point out inconvenient and bothersome things)
3) ???
4) profit!

also lol if you think the "oompa loompa" thing is anything but a 15 year old stupid meme

also lol again that you think you know the slightest fucking thing about what is "controversial in the mainstream of my own society", or indeed, about my actual opinions of pretty much anything that is not the ideology of black metal music

Hey by the way, I have always enjoyed Drudkh. That should be a surprise to absolutely no one. Just saying:

see, this is why i don't listen to drudkh much anymore

i mean i'm white alright, but i doubt i would qualify as any kind of intellectual elite

also ima leave you to it and gtfo of your thread like you want, we're not going to enlighten each other or learn anything from this pointless back and forth internet bickering. you know i hate your stupid middle eastern plague of a garbage religion, i know you think i'm some kind of transsexual antifa abortion clinic supervisor or whatever it is you people are told to hate this week. it's all good. keep it real o-dogg, i'll catch you on the flipside.

at least now this has more replies than your "death" metal thread did so that's something

"asking for music from other perspectives", lmfao, who the fuck do you think you are kidding

other perspectives that just barely fit within your narrow little life and are unoffensive enough that you don't feel threatened. cool. why do you expect anyone to want to play by those rules? you're like a vegan waltzing into a steak restaurant, demanding the world, and making a big fucking stink that there's nothing there for you

no, it's a steak restaurant. that's the point of it. we don't serve vegan food. go elsewhere.

I find it continually fascinating that you call my worldview narrow while expressing the most narrow perspective possible. You still haven't confronted the fact that I've demonstrated more verifiable evidence of open-mindedness than you have in this very thread. A metal forum is for talking about metal. If you want to gatekeep like a silly 16-year old (I mean you basically act the same as you did then anyway) and put up a sign that says "No Christians or I'll cry" then good for you.

of course i come in here to offend you and make you angry and try to make you not enjoy music you previously did enjoy. yes, i'm trolling you. but that does not mean i'm not ALSO helpful. you asked for music that is not "blasphemous" and anti-christian.

i mean, i speak swedish, you don't. therefore i can help you avoid bands that would rather kill you and your kind with swords or burn your temples. i even translated it just for you. very helpful.

That's an interesting way to spin your petty behavior. You're always the good guy right?

yet you think everyone else should make an effort to consider them very carefully as to not offend you with "blasphemy"? how much research do you think it is appropriate that we do before we post recommendations? if you're gonna lay down criteria, at least be fucking consistent about it.

oh i read and watch and listen to a lot of stuff produced by christians, and i, too, have reasonable boundaries: i think that "christian black metal" in particular is the #1 dumbest shit ever thought up in the history of the world

If you haven't noticed, people have been asking for recommendations based on certain criteria on this forum since it's very beginning. That's kind of the point of the entire thing. If you don't like that person's criteria you can always simply ignore it - just like you probably wouldn't respond to a thread about Power Metal asking for Tolkien lyrical themes. Just because you're disdainful of Christianity and my beliefs doesn't mean that I'm asking for anything more unreasonable than anyone else who asks for recommendations. Most people who listen to music have some notion of what it is about. It's really not that hard to think "hmm, do I remember this band blaspheming Christ or not?" I obviously take the recommendation and look over myself afterwards.

1) "i'm not living in a safe space, it's u"
2) "we should avoid each other because you just keep trolling me" (and by "trolling" you mean point out inconvenient and bothersome things)
3) ???
4) profit!

also lol if you think the "oompa loompa" thing is anything but a 15 year old stupid meme

also lol again that you think you know the slightest fucking thing about what is "controversial in the mainstream of my own society", or indeed, about my actual opinions of pretty much anything that is not the ideology of black metal music

You really never respond to the substance of the point. I pointed out some pretty obvious ways that your thinking (especially in the context of this forum) is widely accepted and confirmed while I'm obviously on the fringes both religiously and politically (if not in other ways too). If you're going to accuse someone of something look in the mirror first.

PM me if you want to continue this pointless exchange because it's not the point of the thread.

I find it continually fascinating that you call my worldview narrow while expressing the most narrow perspective possible.
i have "the most narrow perspective possible" of like a single thing, which happens to be what this thread is about

If you haven't noticed, people have been asking for recommendations based on certain criteria on this forum since it's very beginning. That's kind of the point of the entire thing. If you don't like that person's criteria you can always simply ignore it - just like you probably wouldn't respond to a thread about Power Metal asking for Tolkien lyrical themes. Just because you're disdainful of Christianity and my beliefs doesn't mean that I'm asking for anything more unreasonable than anyone else who asks for recommendations. Most people who listen to music have some notion of what it is about. It's really not that hard to think "hmm, do I remember this band blaspheming Christ or not?" I obviously take the recommendation and look over myself afterwards.
you do realize the difference between saying "hey please recommend tolkien music" and "please recommend music that will not offend me according to these arbitrary guidelines that i myself do not follow", yes?

You really never respond to the substance of the point. I pointed out some pretty obvious ways that your thinking (especially in the context of this forum) is widely accepted
what is this "my thinking" that you keep talking about? p l e a s e d o elaborate, i would love to hear your analysis of what you think my beliefs are and how they permeate the forum and make everyone else into my oompa loompa somehow

If you're going to accuse someone of something look in the mirror first.
ah yes, again with the "no u" defense, a true classic of rhetoric and wit

Oh good, we've agreed to disagree. Now that that's all out there I'm gonna go ahead and re-post this thread so we can start over without this nonsense.
yes, your kind never hesitated to delete inconvenient things and purge them from history so you can look good on the surface, did they

unfortunately for you the forum software does not allow users to delete their own threads

Have you ever worn this in public? I am genuinely curious. And not to just a metal show. Im talking like to the grocery store, or the bar, or on a date. I'm not judging. It's a neato shirt

Have you ever worn this in public? I am genuinely curious. And not to just a metal show. Im talking like to the grocery store, or the bar, or on a date. I'm not judging. It's a neato shirt

It's not mine, just a random pic. I remember when they started selling these shirts many years ago, and it was a very short-lived thing. I personally wouldn't wear something like that in public. I'm a very non-confrontational person, and the last thing I want when I'm trying to mind my own business is some asshole asking about the message on my clothing. here's some truth as well: most of the people who would proudly wear that shirt are almost certainly NOT the white intellectual elite.

Reactions: einride, NAD and J.
JayKeeley once told me a story that Dark One received that Drudkh shirt in the mail and threw it right into the trash. "I live in Philadelphia, I can't wear this shit!"

If any of the above tale is a lie maybe one or the other will correct me at some point in the future. But that's what I recall.

Reactions: einride