1982 was a good year for metal and hard rock!

Iron Maiden - The number of the beast
Accept - Restless and wild
Saxon - The eagle has landed
Saxon - Strong arm of the law
Whitesnake - Saints and sinners
Mercyful Fate - Nuns have no fun (first EP!!!)
Venom - Black metal
Judas Priest - Screaming for vengeance
Kiss - Creatures of the night
Rush - Signals

Radio played the AC/DC Back in Black album the other day. I remember getting it on tape, ahh the good old days.

Insania said:
I crashed my truck into a pole in '86 with W.A.S.P's Widowmaker playing in the cassette deck. All my tapes were demolished in the glovebox (the telephone pole ended up in the passenger seat), but I retreived from the wrecking yard the only thing that survived, the Last Command tape still intact in the deck!

Kinda like a ballad, I still dig that song, but my fave is Jack Action.

Good to hear from some other wasp fans besides me. One of my first shows was W.A.S.P. They were awesome!!!!!!

I crashed my truck into a pole in '86 with W.A.S.P's Widowmaker playing in the cassette deck. All my tapes were demolished in the glovebox (the telephone pole ended up in the passenger seat), but I retreived from the wrecking yard the only thing that survived, the Last Command tape still intact in the deck!

Kinda like a ballad, I still dig that song, but my fave is Jack Action.

Holy shit. Did you get any serious injuries from that crash?

I just picked up W.A.S.P.'s latest, Dying for the World, and certainly they haven't changed much since the truck crash (and I only got a few lacerations from the windshield, no real damage!)

I haven't really followed their material for most of the 90's, in fact the last one I bought before this was Inside the Electric Circus. I'm more into thrash and all the while this band never could compete for my metal buck.

Until now, I gave them another shot -- the newest is exactly what I expected, that's a good thing. I think they recorded in '83, wasn't there a Fuck Like A Beast record or EP? I seem to remember people saying this was impossible to find, and that was in '86! Although, I've got that song on a tape somewhere...

What about the year that started the whole 80's craze - 1980?
Iron Maiden s/t LP
Motorhead "Ace of Spades"
Accept "I'm a Rebel"
Judas Priest "British Steel"
Saxon "Strong Arm of the Law" (Svitjod lists it as 1982, but it was actually released in 80)
Girlschool "Demolition"
Black Sabbath "Heaven and Hell"
Scorpions "Animal Magnetism"
AC/DC "Back in Black"

And Blizzard of Ozz was recorded in 1980, though not released until 81...

1983 rocked but don't forget 1986, Master, Peace Sells, Reign in blood, and some others.
In Fact If We listed the top 50 metal albums of all time 80% of them would be from the 80's.

All of the beforementioned years are great, but the greates of them all has to be (insert drum-thingy here please) 1983! Why? That's when Katatonia released Dance Of December Souls! Of course, none of you have ever heard of it, but it's a great band! (my personal favorite)

kick ass year indeed!
didn't anybody list Don Dokken or Exciter for 1983?

Don Dokken - 1983 - Breakin' The Chains
Exciter - 1983 - Heavy Metal Maniac
Manowar - 1983 - Into Glory Ride
Mötley Crüe - 1983 - Shout At The Devil
Saxon - 1983 - Power And The Glory
Slayer - 1983 - Show No Mercy
Odin - 1983 - Don't Take No For An Answer

sure is a hell of a list!