2 Disc Version of Blackwater Park

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hello all.
I have a question.
Per www.metal-archives.com, the 2CD slipcase version of BLACKWATER PARK was limited to 1000 copies.

Is this true?

I have seen many copies of this over the years. Kind of surprises me then to find there might only be so few of them.

Hello all.
I have a question.
Per www.metal-archives.com, the 2CD slipcase version of BLACKWATER PARK was limited to 1000 copies.

Is this true?

I have seen many copies of this over the years. Kind of surprises me then to find there might only be so few of them.

I think it was limited to something like 2 or 3,000 in the first place, but it's definitely been rereleased or something. Initially it was fairly rare and it rapidly became valuable on ebay, but then a few months later I started seeing it in stores more often than I'd see the normal ones, which is STILL the case years later, so I think they rereleased it and decided to abandon the whole "super limited rare" aspect.

i think your right, the one on mfn was ltd to 1000, and then it got re-released by koch later on, if im not mistaken..

I have never seen the 2 disc version in any store ... perhaps in Europe it actually is more rare? but you can still it true internet anywhere, so definitely not limited anymore ...

lol 27 for a cd?

here(argentina) we pay 7 dollars for the original.

I think I can probably clear this up...

MFN re-released the album in limited format, Koch released it in the States. I think both were limited, but not that limited.

There is also a very limited (I believe to 1,000 copies) LP release. The vinyl BWP is possibly the hardest Opeth release to come by.

OK, thanks. Maybe the metal archives listing was speaking of the LP being limited to 1000 copies.

As I said, I have seen many copies myself, which I would find then hard to believe it being limited to only 1000.