Blackwater Park

"I think that BWP and GR are the best albums and Bleak is the best song ever written in music history."

I don't know what are you laughing about but i just wanted to make clear that BWP and GR are the best Opeth albums but Bleak is still best song in music history IMO. I'm not Opeth fanboi and of course I listen to many other bands and all kinds of music except rap/hiphop and power metal.

but Bleak is still best song in music history IMO. I'm not Opeth fanboi and of course I listen to many other bands and all kinds of music except rap/hiphop and power metal.

fact is, if you think Bleak is the best song in music history I'm betting you own about 10 albums max

fact is, if you think Bleak is the best song in music history I'm betting you own about 10 albums max

Mmmm.... I own about 70 cd's and some "warez" and I'm searching for new bands all the time from Myspace etc. I just think that Bleak is perfect song and it has all the great elements: beatiful singing and brutal grunts, interesting words, great riffs and fantastic acoustics, beautiful melodies, good drumming and so. IMO. But enough of this offtopic.

blackwater park and ghost reveries have the best mixing i think! you can crank them right up with out having stuff around with the EQ!

lol

Blackwater Park is my favourite Opeth album. The Leper Affinity is one of the most well-written metal songs that I have heard.

It has taken me ages to really get into Blackwater Park, but i have been listening to it alot lately, and now i truley see how much of an amazing peice of art this album is. Its a perfect balance between opeth's heavy and mellow sides and ther are pretty much no weak points in it. A TRUE MASTERPIECE!!!!

Opeth fan playing Blackwater Park looking at Opeth forum with headphones loud

hahaha........doesn't get much better than that does it?

Whoa, look at all this thread necromancy going on!

I agree with Kenneth *waves!*, BWP is by far my favourite Opeth album. It also happens to be the one that first got me into Opeth, so it holds some sentimental value to me.

BWP was the second Opeth record I got, and I love it a lot. Its not my favorite at the moment though. I've been listening to Still Life and MAYH a lot more lately.

its amazing how well this board got along back in 2001.

Just what I was thinking..

What a blast from the past ><, this forum seems to have been so naive and friendly those days, without freaky fanboys yelling at each other over "Axe vs lopez" "shithread" etc...

Anywayz, nice to see a very very old thread

ALL Opeth albums are wonderful, but Blackwater Part to me is a masterpiece. From beginning to end, Opeth takes us on a journey in our minds that I like to revisit often. As the Drapery Falls and Harvest, not the heaviest of metal, but the sounds seep into my molecules and stay there.

I love BWP!!!... ive been an opeth fan for a while now and i live in melbourne australia. it is definatly one of my favourties.. i just have one question.. WHEN are u coming back to melbourne opeth??? jeez we are all waiting here lol.