Blackwater Park

One of the most focused and concise albums
I second that, but the thing I miss in all the latter albums is the spontaneous, youthful ferocity so ambundant in MAYH for example, the "we don't give a fuck" attitude that perhaps comes along with youth and (relative) anonimity... Not that I don't enjoy BWP, it's a masterpiece...

Hahahaha, awesome westknadrian. Best bump in who knows how long.

Anyways - Blackwater Park is great...a few dull moments here and there, but it has awesome mixing, Mike's vocals sound great, and it features some of my favorite live tracks (The Leper Affinity, Bleak, Blackwater Park).

I absolutely love the first 3 songs and last song on BWP, but I always skip tracks 5-7. 1 of 2 albums I skip tracks on along with GR. For that I rank it pretty low among Opeth albums, even though Blackwater Park the song is probably my favorite of theirs. I still love the album though.

*bump*

I absolutely love the first 3 songs and last song on BWP, but I always skip tracks 5-7. 1 of 2 albums I skip tracks on along with GR. For that I rank it pretty low among Opeth albums, even though Blackwater Park the song is probably my favorite of theirs. I still love the album though.

*bump*

You skip teh drepre flols?! Not tr00 opteh fan!

But seriously, skipping the drapery falls, dirge for november and the funeral portrait? Fucking great songs! Of course, it is possible to not like them, I'm just saying :loco: