2 new mixes - please give me some feedback

Santuzzo

Jan 19, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am working on mixing my first EP and these are two of the songs that are going to be on it.

How is the mix on these? I also used Ozone on this for maximization. How is the level?
Did I push the maximizer too hard?

How can I improve the mix / master?

Any kind of constructive criticism is very much appreciated.

and

EDIT:

I tweaked the mix a bit more, and I think they got better (most of all changes were applied to the drums, I also lowered the guitars a bit in the mix).

What do you guys think, are these mixes better?

Thanks,
Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Larz,

I hope this finds you well,

I think its a good effort, some nice riffs man.

my ear leeds me to think that more attention can be emphasized on arrangement elements, dynamics and texture changes to lead the listener on more of a journey. It does do that to some degree when the lead lines come in, but for me it seams the drums and rhythm guitars are at one level and one intensity and the same place in the mix. Sometimes some creative panning and effects in different sections make that sort of dynamic shift.

Other than that, I think making a more meaty bass guitar presence in the songs will make a big difference on your mix.

Thanks for sharing this.

DE

I tweaked the mix a bit more, and I think they got better (most of all changes were applied to the drums, I also lowered the guitars a bit in the mix).

What do you guys think, are these mixes better?

Thanks,
Lars

Last edited by a moderator: