2006, year of the metal

We also got Wintersun coming up at the very end of the year...

I don't have the means to get more than 10 or so albums from a given year, so it's hard to analyze by year, considering how much of my purchases are on past releases. It's not shaping up to be a great year by any stretch. So far Darkthrone and Drudkh are good, and Agalloch and Isis will most definitely be good as well.

For whatever reason I expect the new Mastodon to suck. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I was thinking 1986 myself. Turbo had to be released that year, though, just to retain balance in the universe, because too much kick ass metal at one time would cause massive simultaneous headbanging which would knock the earth of its axis and we go hurtling into the sun.
:lol:

Been a good black metal year. Belenos, Drudkh, Summoning, Spiculum Iratus and Ohtar are solid releases, and there's probably more to come, with the usual unexpected/unheard of bands popping up. Death metal has seen some good releases too, between Dismember and the surprisingly good Cannibal Corpse, a forthcoming Incantation would smooth things out nicely there.

Mostly looking forward to a new Slough Feg(?), Neurosis and Arghoslent.

Scourge of Malice said:
don't forget cult of luna and ihsahn. neurosis, isis and red sparrowes got albums coming out this year too.

I'm sure Mastodon will pull through. They haven't let us down yet.

no offence, but i aint into that symophonic metal avant garde or black metal with clean production. i only like one symphonic band and they are emperor and anthems to the welkin at dusk is their last good album. but yes i cant wait for the new mastodon.

el barto said:
seeing emperor live made my year if the rest of the year is filled with nothing but shit i'm still gonna call it a good year

Fuck yeah! I have a ticket for the LA show at the Key Club with Goatwhore... this year will be awesome just because of that show

On another note... Scar Symmetry came out with their new album, so that makes this a good year

It's been an absolutely fantastic year so far, and the best is yet to come.

Albums that are already out/leaked:

Abysmal Torment - Epoch Of Methodic Carnage
Aeternus - HexAeon
Belenos - Chants de Bataille
Benighted - Identisick
Bloodthorn - Genocide
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Carnivore Diprosopus - Madhouse's Macabre Acts
Darkthrone - The Cult Is Alive
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Dim Mak - Knives Of Ice
Dismember - The God That Never Was
Drawn And Quartered - Hail Infernal Darkness
Emeth - Reticulated
Enslaved - RUUN
Exhumed/Ingrowing - Something Sickened This Way Comes/To Clone And To Enforce
Ihsahn - The Adversary
Kampfar - Kvass
Keep Of Kalessin - Armada
Krisiun - AssasiNation
Legion Of The Damned - Malevolent Rapture
Lividity - Used, Abused And Left For The Dead
Lust Of Decay - Purity Through Dismemberment
Psycroptic - Symbols Of Failure
Saprogenic - Ichneumonid
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Summoning - Oath Bound
The Legion - Revocation
Zyklon - Disintegrate

Upcoming releases:

New albums from Borknagar, Carpathian Forest, Ofermod, Defeated Sanity, Inveracity, Spawn Of Possession, Suffocation, Vader, Unmerciful, Incantation, Malevolent Creation, etc, etc.

you all are forgetting some the important bands like venom, sepultura, cannibal corpse, ministry, etc. plus we got syl, slayer, and mastodon.

Metal Black sucks, Dante whatever sucks, Kill sucks, Ministry sucks by default, SYL sucks by default, Slayer after Seasons In The Abyss is guaranteed to suck, and Mastodon always sucks. So no, I'm right.