2008 Grammys

InfantChaos

Enemy Of Satan
Nov 6, 2007
your local deli!
best metal performance category is what im talking about...obviously.

I reckon that Slayer were awesome, but machine head were really the band that deserved the grammy. And having heard both songs, i do know what im talking about. And all the the other bands in the category i didnt really care for. but machine head's The Blackening is an outstanding album, and Aesthetics of Hate, is an amazing song.

opinions?

Didn't Slayer win the Metal Grammy for best album LAST year with that new album...??? :zombie: Whatever the case I happen to dislike The Blackening quite a bit.

yeah they won last year. but they did a re-release and the new track on the album got nominated.

and your opinion on the blackening is your own, but it has won many awards within the metal community.

yeah they won last year. but they did a re-release and the new track on the album got nominated.

and your opinion on the blackening is your own, but it has won many awards within the metal community.

I do like the album the blackening, but I think what your trying to say is, they won awards within the metal corporate community, NOT the metal community.

found it

Best Metal Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Nothing Left
As I Lay Dying
Track from: An Ocean Between Us
[Metal Blade Records]

Never Ending Hill
King Diamond
Track from: Give Me Your Soul...Please
[Metal Blade Records]

Aesthetics Of Hate
Machine Head
Track from: The Blackening
[Roadrunner Records]

Redemption
Shadows Fall
Track from: Threads Of Life
[Atlantic]

Final Six
Slayer
Track from: Christ Illusion
[American Recording/Columbia]

~gR~

The Grammys have no relevance to real music and haven't for years

Any look at the history of its awards will show that it's always been primarily a popularity contest, with best-selling musicians taking most of the awards. I'm pretty sure it has no basis whatsoever in the actual quality of the music.

this is pointless. The mainstream music establishment has absolutely no relevance to real metal. I could name a bajillion metal albums from 08 far, far better than any of those. Any of us could. You can't have a metal award that doesn't consider the underground - it defeats the purpose.