2015 Symphony X Album News

When I first came here I thought it was a forum about Symphony X, but it seems it’s not. Reading this thread and the other ones, I came to the conclusion that not only metal is not very popular around here, Symphony X aren’t either.

No bloke, it’s not that simple. People will not move on. They will keep on coming to this forum to bitch about the band over and over again, and tell us how the “new” Symphony X suck and how much better the “old” Symphony X were, or how great other bands are compared to Symphony X these days.
It gets really tiring after a while reading about Symphony X past greatness and their current “decadence”, doesn’t it? If you pay attention, most of the posts in this forum are not about the band anymore. They’re about how they, the old fans, want their former unknown secret band to be, about the nostalgic days of yore when they and just half a dozen friends attended the concerts and knew the band . It’s THEIR band, the new fans are ridiculed just because they like the “new” Symphony X and have embraced them. Most people don’t come here to share information about the band, talk about an interview given by a band member, review a Symphony X live gig they’ve been to, or reveal the latest setlist. No, the forum has become a cyberdivan, where people come to air their grievances to fellow mourners and lament the passing of a former great band. What a bunch of narcissistic, egomaniac so-called fans: I want, I need, I, I, I, I, I…..ad infinitum, the ubiquitous I! How many new fans posted here last year? I think new fans feel intimidated by the barrage of negative things written here about the band. If I didn’t know, I’d say that this is not a Symphony X forum

Cry more?

Buying it no matter what (in fact I already did), but I was hoping for an early leak so I could have it for my 4th of July party lol.

Anyways metal crypt also reviewed it.

I'm really glad I use a streaming music service now, so I don't have to actually buy an album before I've heard it all the way through. It saved me from paying for the last album, which I didn't care for at all and if this album is in the same vein it'll save me a few bucks again.

6.5 out of 10, and generally the "metal-observer" review is not outright negative IMO. When I was a reviewer, I also gave 6 or 6.5 points to some albums that I've enjoyed listening, but disappointed by as a result of my high expectations. It is also interesting and a good review. I think that I'll most probably like listening to"Underworld" very much, but I may also have given it a similar rating to be objective, and if I felt like the album doesn't meet the band's much higher standarts.

The Metal Observer review may not have the highest score, it's the best review I have read so far. Unlike the other reviews, this one gives me a little bit of hope for a half decent album. It appears to be a good and honest review.