My Dying Bride
Enter the Hunt (KRISTER SAID IT!)
Daylight Dies
Cruciamentum
Counting Hours
Eucharist (?)

DESOLATORRRRR :eek:

Reactions: Belac and DarkGift
So far, the tracks released by ...and Oceans, Green Carnation and Dool have delivered convincingly.

The God Dethroned album is also good, the new Naglfar track is pretty good. The mix and overal delivery could have been more convincing.

Positive surprise has been Soliloquium, The Discarded is a very strong and convincing track, my sincere compliments.

Talking bout Katatonia, recently tried to get into them again but just cant. Music is great, but vocals are so out of place it hurts to hear.

Im not sure if it's about power. Akerfeldt doesnt exactly has powerful clean vocals and yet they mixed well with the music.
I probably have an issue with his tone of voice. somehow, but I can't explain it. But I'm pretty sure this would be a killer band with quality growls.

I think most "recent" album Ive heard was from 2003 or 2005. I always listen from the 1st album up, but might make an exception for this one

Again (after Dead End Kings), amazing instrumentals. But now I think I know why I don't like the vocals.
No matter what happens with the music the vocals are still monotonous. He sings exactly the same over some powerful riffs and acoustic parts.

The same reason I don't really listen to black metal or shitty death metal bands with mediocre growlers. It's just boring to listen to the same shriek / growl over and over again.