20th Anniversary European Tour

CharIie

Moss
Oct 19, 2015
Under the gray sky
Hey guys, just read this interview from the CoB facebook page and I thought I had to share the news with you. Apparently nothing's sure, but I see no reason for this not to happen. I'm literally celebrating the news.

If you had to chose to play an entire album to play live which would you chose?

Well, actually next year is the 20 year anniversary of our first album and we are talking about that for maybe a European tour, and see how it goes. But I don’t know yet if we’re going to play the whole album or probably just a lot of rare songs from it we never play live. WE might do a mix of our first two albums. It will be weird, it will be a trip but fans will dig it. I am thinking instead of playing a whole album, we will play the most obscure tracks.

Reactions: MetalAmaia
Can't find it on their facebook. They should set some poll where fans could vote for album. Just out of interest. Of course FTR would win. So they're planning like another Tokyo Warhearts tour or something. Rare songs from those albums that could be interesting live include only Red Light part 1, The Nail, Warheart, and possibly Black Widow. Talking of the Trees should be included too. But how can they suddenly consider something crazy like this since they've had so many exciting songs waiting to be played, but instead they've played some questionable and overused songs. Well, let's see. This isn't necessarily a good idea, since it could sound out of place and make them lose the shine. I think the best way to feel reborn again would be to make a new album that deliberately connects with the old albums somehow. Such as Follow the Reaper part 2 or Hatebreeder part 2 trying to capture the same atmosphere as another of those albums but with a distinctly different sound, of course heavier and darker. Of course lower tuning and slower speed isn't necessarily the way to "heavier".

Last edited:
IT'S HAPPENING !!!

They finally announced the long-awaited 20th-anniversary tour in Europe WITH an old classic setlist! They are going to play only in front of rather small audiences, so it's absolutely amazing.

I am extremely disappointed, though. I used to study in Caen (France) and they'd never go to such city, and this year I'm doing a year abroad in Kiev and they finally go to my student city. What a loser haha. But I'll probably fly to Vienna for the show. Anybody from Austria here who plans to go see the show? Would be nice to meet fellow fans IRL =)

So why isn't Daniel on the poster? Yes, he hasn't been there for 20 years, but he's in the band, or isn't he?

That, my friend, is one amazing question! And it reminds me that I read somewhere in an interview, not long after Roope was kicked out of CoB, that the "replacement" guitarist would be working until the end of the year. And that the new guitarist, the official one, would start in early 2017. Maybe they'll keep Freyberg but it's not a final decision yet, or maybe they have someone else waiting for his turn to hit the stage!

A classic setlist is great and all, but there isn't a show close enough in a busy time of the year for me, so I'll just have to skip it.

Classic is fine, but I would have preferred for them to play songs they never play live

In the latest interview, they mentioned that they intended to play some "rare" songs. Maybe we'll get some The Nail, Triple Corpse Hammerblow or other gems.

Anybody in Copenhagen? I'm definitely going on 1st April! Hope to listen some "unusual" songs.

And yeah, apparently nobody likes Freiberg

Bring Roope and Alexander back for this small tour, play Hatebreeder, Deadnight Warrior, TLAOD, Bed Of Razors, The Nail...stuff like that. Then just take a year off to make an album that will be worth buying, and not just downloading from Pirate Bay. And practice, please, there is certain problem in your live sound called "lack of motivation".

You want Alexander and Roope on the tour even tho they left / got kicked out for disliking the music?

I agree on taking time off to write a good album. Nobody cares about "rushed" pieces of art. Metal fans can hear it.

You want Alexander and Roope on the tour even tho they left / got kicked out for disliking the music?

I agree on taking time off to write a good album. Nobody cares about "rushed" pieces of art. Metal fans can hear it.

What music? Certainly not the old stuff.

Everyone dislikes IWC, except for horny chicks and Americans.

I really liked IWC and I'm neither a chick nor an American haha. I think it has really good potential as an album and it's still much better than Blooddrunk.

Yeah who knows if those two guitarists would've stayed if the music stayed the same and didn't 'dumb down' to American style metal. But they left so why miss them.

Well imo Blooddrunk is superior to IWC, songs are richer, sound is darker. I only care about songs 1, 3, 4, 8, 9 these days tho.

And I think the horny chicks came because of Follow the Reaper; the atmosphere, that ballad, Alexi being a good-looking rockstar who was dangerous yet vulnerable inside, but they left when Alexi was no longer young and the music was being influenced by hatred towards women in Blooddrunk as result and they sensed it through the music. Women these days are toxic, as they seem treat men with no heart. The American fans tho stay because of IWC.

Last edited: